“Good place to stay!”

Pension Stuttgarter Eck
Ranked #561 of 634 Hotels in Berlin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

We have just returned from Berlin and the hotel after a fab marathon weekend. The hotel is very basic i.e. no tea/coffee in rooms and no lounge which would be nice, however, it suited our needs and was very clean. The staff are lovely and were very helpful - don't speak any English though. Overall the location was great and lovely restaurant/bars nearby. Our two year old daughter had a lovely time and we recommend a family size room. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

The location is close to a train station but in Berlin almost every hotel is... There are a LOT of prostitutes and bordels around but i didnt care.... I chose that hotel because of the wireless internet access inside the rooms as it was clearly stated in every official description... Well, finally the WIFI worked only at the hall and the breakfast room! ...Also my TV wasnt working at all but i really didnt care about it also ... Internet was the reason i came here because i need it for my work ...The made me pay my 4-days stay at the first moment ...I clearly asked if wireless internet works in the rooms before i paid... The girl on the reception said: YES..YES....Well, when later i complaint nobody seemed to speak english ...Only Russian... And they didnt want to help at all... Very bad impression and i really regret that i trusted some unprofessional owners...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

No luxury but good situated. Close to S-Bahn and good shopping streets. A few min away there are several good restaurants. At the same house there ar two stripclubs, but they don´t disturb that much.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2008

This was one of the few available hotels that had rooms at the time of my travel as it was a last minute trip so I booked it with no great expectations. I was just glad I found a room. The rate I paid was 55€ per night for a single room and unfortunately that didn't include a WC in the room.

My plane arrived in Berlin in the early hours of Sunday morning and I managed to arrive at Stuttgarter Eck at about 3am. I felt a bit awkward when I arrived as the pension was directly above a cabaret style bar with neon lights and such and the building was really old. I was greeted by a grumpy lady who didn't speak English at all (luckily I managed to communicate with the little German I knew. My room was on the first floor directly opposite the breakfast area. When I entered, the room smelled of cigarette smoke and the floor squeaked. At least it had a small balcony with table and chair plus a shower and wash basin in the room. The bed was comfortable and the linen very clean. I felt somehow cheated when I looked behind the door and saw that the real price for the room on that period was 45€. (I later understood this price must have been without the breakfast)

The morning found me gradually changing feelings as the breakfast was a lot more than I expected. There was a choice of cold meat and wonderful cheeses, smoked salmon(!!!), cake and yoghurt among other things. The breakfast room had a nice view of the station opposite the street. The majority of the other guests were German. At this time there was a lady who spoke English and the other staff were very pleasant.

Coming back I would have to say it was an interesting stay. The things that bothered me at first weren't really of significance as the location was very good, the breakfast hearty and the room clean so a decent stay.

• Liked — Location, Breakfast
  • Disliked — Room and building were a bit run down
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2007

We stayed here for one night because we wanted to be on this side of town to leave for the airport early in the morning. We were not expecting much, and it wasn't anything spectacular. But the hostess/owner, though she did not speak of word of English was extremely friendly. Breakfast usually starts at 8am and we mentioned we would have to be leaving for the airport by 7am. Sure enough, when we went to check out, the breakfast buffet was already set up and waiting.

There are two strip clubs on either side of the place but the area is far from seedy. The only complaint I had was an arguement borke out between the doorman and a drunk English bloke in the middle of the night and it created quite a lot of noise. It wouldn't have been a problem had our window been closed.

• Stayed September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank crox40