Hotel Bellevue Berlin
Ranked #554 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked something called "comfort double room" and I was quite surprised how small it was and expected something else (wondering how does the regular room look like?) But the bed was comfortable and room was clean with a nice bathroom. We didn't pay for breakfast (although they have very nice breakfast room) because there is a bakery just downstairs and we like to sleep in :) Staff was nice.

Room Tip: I noticed a vending machine on our floor so you probably want to make sure you don't have a room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2013

First impressions of the room was that it reminded me of a 70s Seaside boarding house, high ceilings and flowered wallpaper. Shower and toilet were clean and the double bed just fits into the narrow coffin like room.
It's a hot summer in Berlin this year, the rooms have no air conditioning or fans and the windows are designed to open about two inches only and allow no air flow. The management just shrugged their shoulders when I asked for a fan. I slept with a wet towel over me. Breakfast is typically continental and adequate, however, everyone shares a single two slice toaster. It is very reminiscent of Germans, towels and sun beds, except with pieces of bread in the toaster.
I have travelled a lot in many parts of the world, and this hotel ranks low even compared with those two star hotels in Third World Countries. It really is a budget hotel and just one notch up from a hostel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel was good in terms of value for money - Kurfurstendum, the main city center was at a walking distance. The staff was friendly. However, there were problems in getting internet access - and they could not accept payment by credit card due to the telecom connectivity problem they were facing...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's an ok place. There's nothing particularly wrong with it but it's in an apartment block, the lift is small and you need to go to the 2nd story for check-in. The wi-fi was free but patchy reception in my room (I was laying on the floor at one point) but the bathroom was good. Actually the bathroom was great - The shower head had the best pressure I'd had in a while. The room was clean just a little outdated. The bed was comfy. It's convenient for the lower side of Berlin - The U3 doesn't go to the tourist sites but you can change at Nollendorfplatz for the U2. I'd agree with most of the reviews when I'd say it's not great for family travelling but it's not the worst place I've stayed at. And on the end of the day, it was cheap so you get what you pay for. I didn't feel robbed in anyway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at Bellevue for 4 nights. It has got a good position near Ku-damm, 10 minutes walking from Zoo Station. Just one note: our room (nr. 33) was the smallest one and with an IKEA-type bed that crashed to the ground, since it is barely standing on a couple of small wood bricks not fixed to its chassis :-) Fine breakfast (especially on WE, with a very good apple cake).

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked room for 5 peoples ( 2 adults and 3 kids ) in the website they say they have rooms with two master beds and sofa witch can be one bed also. When we arrived to the hotel the staff didnt speak good english or understud what I was saying and then we hade to PAY 45€ because we had 3 kids!!! HORRIBLE rooms, there has been smoked in rooms and when I went to say that to the staff they were like `NO` and I had to explain that my daughter has astma so we cannot stay in that room! After that they gave us another room, that was also not good! I will never want to stay in that hotel never ever again!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

After checking in and seeing my room for the first time I was worried we had made a terrible mistake in booking the Bellevue, it certainly has a budget look and feel to the place. My room was a little odd, but it was clean and had all the things you would normally expect from a hotel. After the first night and the first breakfast I started to think the place was ok. For the money it is very close to a major shopping street in the heart of Berlin, literally 7 - 8 minutes walk away. We stayed 4 nights, and I ended up thinking the hotel was fine. Budget and old looking decor but clean, polite staff who spoke enough English to get by, good breakfast, gave us tourist maps of the city on arrival (these were very usefull), allowed us to leave our luggage on the last day while we went out in the city (we had an evening flight). If you can see past the dated decor you will find a good budget hotel that is clean and well located.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends