Zarenhof Berlin Mitte
$136
$105
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsbus and trainheat wavenice hotelbreakfast is servedlocation is greatreception staffluggageeur
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Extensive renovations, very noisy at times, banging and drilling all over the place and you have to go under the scaffolds to get to the rooms and the breakfast area.
Total confusion among the receptionists, most of them inexperienced , far from the center, even taxi drivers have a hard time to find it.
The breakfast is nice, but the same everyday. Was given a better room for a supplement of €20, which I think should have been (at least) or compensation for staying there through renovations. Asked for a late checkout and was asked €75 for up to 16:00...ridiculous!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank demetrisconst
Reviewed December 11, 2009

A nice hotel in Berlin Mitte, well situated, although you need to take the S- or U-Bahn for any places you want to visit, except for Bernauer-Str. Wall memorial (right next to hotel).
The place is quiet and clean, and it is a bit quaint but in very good ways. For example, they don't have a lift, so I was offered a small room on the ground floor, or a large one on 3rd floor. I took the latter, I don't mind stairs, and the room was huge; its corridor would qualify as a room on its own. Another good quaintness is the breakfast, you get blinis and caviar and salmon as advertised. Of course you probably can't have caviar for breakfast day in - day out, but the breakfast is not to be missed, at least once.

One complaint I have was their wifi internet, it only functioned for one evening, and then it was terribly slow. All the other evenings I could not even connect to it. I wanted to use the net for some adhoc trip planning, and the hotel allowed me to use a computer in the lobby, also very slow. Had I known, I would have just left the laptop at home and done all my planning in advance (as I usually do.) So, be advised: if you need internet, stay someplace else. But if you don't, save yourself the trouble of carrying the laptop around and stay at this hotel, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank reuenthal
Reviewed December 28, 2008

This hotel is in a great location if you are travelling the train systems. In a unique Eastern Berlin neibourhood. Close enough to walk to the Berlin Tower but get there early ! Nice modern rooms, clean and spacious. Friendly helpful staff. This is also an apartment complex with courtyard access to all buildings. This made for a amphitheatre effect of the residents partying all night, both nights we stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I was at first a bit amused that we got room 10 which was just behind the reception. However this eventually turned into fustration because of the noises from this area. Especially the second night was awfull because a strange reoccuring buzzing noise which kept us awake for most of the night. It is quite annoying to get a room which is best characterized as one they only use when they are fully booked. It is not what I would expect from a middle-priced hotel! I can only reccomend that you choose another hotel!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TinaCopenhagen
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We stayed three nights. Reception staff very helpful, particularly when we needed the double changed to two singles - 'just wait 15 mins'. All reception staff spoke enough English for us to understand and their recommendations were right.

The hotel is clean and functional which suited us and breakfast is certainly worth having. There is no lift, though bags were carried to our room.

It is a quiet neighbourhood with a small park nearby. We doubted the walking distance from Nordbanhoff station - they say a minute, we say 30 secs. The station has three separate entrances - at least! When getting off the train, make for the end that has the lift and take exit to Invalidenstrasse - with your back to the exit, turn right.

For environmental reasons escalators only work when you step on them.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple