We stayed with the family for 2 nights at the end of March. The hotel is typical Novotel - Clean, functional, modern and reasonably priced rooms.
Our stay would have been a lot more enjoyable (maybe 4 star) if it wasn't´t for the following:
- Friday night dinner, we waited for 1 1/2 hours for a simple dinner with the family. We arrived at a not too busy restaurant at 8:15pm, two of our children got their food, desert and were already in bed before my son and our food was ready to be served as 9:45pm - which is a little disappointing....
During this time we managed to eat a bowel of soup and two scallops between us. I was informed after a complaint that the cooker was broken - why were we not told this before, we could have eaten elsewhere....
To top this our waitress was rude, untrained, no idea what customer services is and I´m not sure whether she had opened a bottle of wine correctly in her life (this IS meant to be a 4* Hotel).....
- Saturday Morning Breakfast: we were herded into a rather large informal conference room for a buffet style breakfast. Even though we were there for 8am, a lot of the buffet was gone and not restocked.
The food was pretty average - if you´ve stayed at a Euro Disney hotel you can get the picture.
In comparison, then Sunday morning we managed to get a table in the normal restaurant - the
buffet food was a lot better, more choice - I don't understand why the hotel would not let us eat here the day before??
- Saturday Evening a large group of noisy kids turned up and were running up and down the corridor until at least midnight...
Finally we got some peace then approx 1am one of the lovely guests set off the fire alarm. We were evacuated from the hotel at night to a cold Berlin evening - quite a shock for the kids and wife for a false alarm.
No apology from the hotel, no refund for the extra large gins consumed to calm the nerves and no explanation from the management (word of mouth via the bar staff informed us what had happened).
Overall a very unpleasant experience not managed professionally. I just hope the poor lady rushed to hospital due to shock gets over this experience quickly.
To summarise the hotel:
- Nice rooms / Nice Hotel Decor + Clean / Good Price / Good Location
- Waitress Staff / Service / Mixed Breakfast / Large Noisy Group of Kids / Cattle Like Breakfast / Evening Meal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Novotel Berlin Am Tiergarten features a design concept for the future with bright colours, natural materials and ergonomic forms. This 4 star hotel is located between the Kurfurstendamm and the Brandenburg Gate with transport links to the main train station, the airports and the exhibition centre. 274 airconditioned rooms and 11 meeting rooms welcome business and leisure travellers from around the world. Enjoy the views over Berlin from the spa area or Mediterranean cuisine in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Berlin Am Tiergarten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Berlin Am Tiergarten Hotel Berlin
- Berlin Novotel