“Warm, friendly, great food and low prices in a vibrant neighborhood...”
Review of Sucre et Sel

Sucre et Sel
Ranked #40 of 8,587 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Homemade French cuisine in the heart of Berlin. Delicate Breakfast Menu until 1pm - Delicious Lunch Menu from 12pm - 4pm.
Saint Pete Beach, Florida, USA
“Warm, friendly, great food and low prices in a vibrant neighborhood...”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Sucre et Sel should mean the title of this review instead of just Sugar and Salt. Nosing around the neighborhood to choose a likely spot to dine while my friend wrestled with the issue of her delayed luggage I was immediately taken with the cozy space and the incredibly sweet and friendly server who assured me there would be a table if I returned later. Return I did and had a terrific salad and veggie quiche with a glass of wine. The cost was amazingly reasonable, especially considering the portion size. My friend had the cheese plate which she kindly shared--also very tasty with an interesting variety. Unlike another reviewer I would definitely come back, even if I were not fortunate enough to snag a room at the Circus Hotel, just on the corner. In fact, I did go back for breakfast the next morning. The server remembered that we had discussed fresh-squeezed orange juice the evening before and brought me a glass within minutes of getting my enthusiastic nod. The croissant was perfect as was the cafe au lait. The cost was little more than 50% of many considerably less inspirational continental breakfasts I've had. A real winner!

1 Thank Lydia C

• Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed at Hotel Mani a couple of doors down. This little French cafe is perfect for a breakfast and coffee. We liked a lot!

Tel Aviv, Israel
“What a delightful evening”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We spent a lovely evening here - the atmosphere is great in this little nice restaurant, the food is simple and delicious, and the service is great. We came very hungry, so had a bit to much to eat, take in consideration that the portions are generous - from all we tried I'd highly recommend the Burata cheese and the artichoke salad.
It's a true french pearl! And it's a definite escape from the awful German food...
Don't forget to make a reservation, since the place is quite small it's packed most of the time.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank rellyad
“Excellent French bistro in the heart of Mitte”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful meal shortly after arriving in Berlin. We did not have reservations, but arrived early enough to get a table outside, as it was full when we left. The service was outstanding and staff was very attentive. The food was delicious- we ordered the nicoise and the artichoke salads. Just a warning- this restaurant does not take credit cards.

• Visited July 2014
“Amazing experience!! Worth the visit”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We got into the store thats deskgned great and was with good music. Right away the service was great and the waiter pointed out the three best dishes which we orderd and just felt wow at every bite. Try the salmon fillet dish and for whoever wants real beef the steak is good plus dont give up on the good wines, they are french. The prices are ok and its worth the cost. We had a great ending with it for a day and touring through hackecher markt. Merci!!

2 Thank Barak Z