Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz
$167
$131
Trip.com
1,116 results
All reviewspotsdamer platzcheckpoint charlieanhalter stationgreat locationcheck point charlies bahnplace to sleepholocaust memorialbooked a double roomeasy walking distancepublic transportmin walktourist sitescold meatswe've stayedclean roomstea and coffee making facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed at this property five times now in the last three years. I travel to Berlin for work and have booked this property each time now since finding it. The staff is always friendly and accommodating - I arrived this last time at 9am and they had my room ready. They always offer up assistance for locating places of interest throughout the city or how to navigate the public transport system. They offer a continental breakfast from 4-6am that I took advantage of prior to my 5am departure. The rooms are comfortable and have a dedicated work space. Wi-fi is available in the comfortable lounge area or in the rooms for a nominal fee. They also have two PC computers in the lobby for guest use. The hotel is located in a perfect area near to the Potsdamer Platz and other main attractions with a public transport stop just at the corner. I find this hotel to be of great value for all its amenities at a very affordable price and will continue to stay here each time I visit Berlin.

Room Tip: I have had a room on various floors - no really better than the other. Staying near the end of the hall prevents noise coming from people stepping off the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I've been very pleased to stay in your hotel.
Room service and restaurant : O.K..
I've only had one problem : I don't eat for breakfast , I only drink a cup of warm milk .
Every morning I had to say " I need only a cup of warm milk " and to ask for warming it .
It needed sometimes so a long time to be served , that , during the five last days, I took my cup of cold milk and drank it cold , not to be obliged once more , to ask and wait for warming it , not to disturb !!! ( it's the impression I've had).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Concidering the price of this hotel it has a good value.
Breakfast is nice asswell.
(more then you expect, but lately all the ibis hotels are doing well here)
Clean - nice - friendly - comfortable
It was not my first stay in this hotel and it wont be the last.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Filip K
Reviewed September 11, 2012

While in Berlin, my partner and I stayed in the IBIS Potsdamer Platz in Berlin's Mitte area. Just like all IBIS Hotels we stayed in during our Central and Eastern European vacation, It was small by American standards and the amenities very basic. However, the hotel was well located and our room more than adequate. We walked to many sights like Checkpoint Charlie, the Berlin Wall, The Sony Center, the Tiergarten, etc. The Anhalter subway station was the closest subway stop to the hotel. There were two towels provided in the bathroom and there was liquid soap for hair, body, and hand wash by the sink and inside the shower stall. Overall, the room was very clean. What I found the least desirable about our room was its airconditioning. It was quite weak. In fact, the moment we went inside the room and turned the airconditioning on, very little cold air blew out of the unit. We immediately requested a change of room, but the lady at the front desk went up to our room to check and advised us to wait a few minutes. It did get cooler but just a little bit. It was a minor issue for us during our five night stay here. We just wished it got a little cooler but we didn't sweat on any night either. The biggest attraction this hotel had besides its location was its price. It was quite inexpensive.

For all those in search of an even cheaper accomodation, right next to this IBIS hotel was the hotel's IBIS Budget chain called ETAP. IT was literally right next door to our regular priced IBIS hotel and it charged 10 euros less than what we paid for our room. Of course, the IBIS Budget Hotel room was going to be even smaller but check their website anyway should you be interested. It was very popular among students and other budget minded travelers.

I really was very happy with the IBIS Chain of Hotels. It helped us limit our expenses to the minimum with regards accomodation. I never thought Europe could be affordable given the weakness of the US Dollar these days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank first100countries
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had an adequate stay. The hotel is easy to find from Anhalter station. Nothing exceptional about the room. We would have appreciated a kettle and tea making facilities. The breakfast was good and if you could enjoy it heartily was worth the 10 euro's.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple