While in Berlin, my partner and I stayed in the IBIS Potsdamer Platz in Berlin's Mitte area. Just like all IBIS Hotels we stayed in during our Central and Eastern European vacation, It was small by American standards and the amenities very basic. However, the hotel was well located and our room more than adequate. We walked to many sights like Checkpoint Charlie, the Berlin Wall, The Sony Center, the Tiergarten, etc. The Anhalter subway station was the closest subway stop to the hotel. There were two towels provided in the bathroom and there was liquid soap for hair, body, and hand wash by the sink and inside the shower stall. Overall, the room was very clean. What I found the least desirable about our room was its airconditioning. It was quite weak. In fact, the moment we went inside the room and turned the airconditioning on, very little cold air blew out of the unit. We immediately requested a change of room, but the lady at the front desk went up to our room to check and advised us to wait a few minutes. It did get cooler but just a little bit. It was a minor issue for us during our five night stay here. We just wished it got a little cooler but we didn't sweat on any night either. The biggest attraction this hotel had besides its location was its price. It was quite inexpensive.
For all those in search of an even cheaper accomodation, right next to this IBIS hotel was the hotel's IBIS Budget chain called ETAP. IT was literally right next door to our regular priced IBIS hotel and it charged 10 euros less than what we paid for our room. Of course, the IBIS Budget Hotel room was going to be even smaller but check their website anyway should you be interested. It was very popular among students and other budget minded travelers.
I really was very happy with the IBIS Chain of Hotels. It helped us limit our expenses to the minimum with regards accomodation. I never thought Europe could be affordable given the weakness of the US Dollar these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of Berlin, just seven minutes' walk from Potsdamer Platz. Simply park your car in the large parking garage and all the renowned sights, such as the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag, are just a short walk away. Feel at home in our fully refurbished rooms with comfortable beds. The reception and bar are open 24/7. Enjoy warm and cold snacks from our ibis kitchen at any time of day. We at the ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz focus on sustainable development. Together with our guests, partners and employees, we meet many requirements that have a positive impact on your health, the environment and CO2 emissions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Berlin City Potsdamer Platz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Berlin Potsdamer Platz Hotel Berlin
- Accor Berlin Potsdamer Platz