“Great place!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went there with a bunch of friends for the burgers and we had an interesting surprise. First, we had delicious cocktails, then very tasty burgers, choice is hard, I had the black and blue which is a dream if you like blue cheese. As a dessert I had the Brownies sunday, great! The staff is very friendly and you feel warmly welcome there.
What we did not know, on every Friday and Saturday night there's a drag show, that was a 1st for me, quite cool indeed and very funny. It seemed we were the only table with only straight people, plus close to the scene, so they just HAD to pick some of us for participation, I'm glad I wasn't chosen but it spiced up our evening.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Me and my partner planned to eat here before we even arrived in Berlin.
The fact that this restaurant is based inside a gay hotel and that the waitresses were drag queens made it sound that little bit different and special.
Unfortunately our server was not the 6ft 4" glamour puss in big wig and sparkly dress that we were expecting. Instead we got a 4ft tall man who looked like he needed a good wash. as well as a couple of dodgy looking transvestites knocking around doing nothing more than chit chatting amongst them selves.
We ordered cocktails that arrived quickly and were mixed very well.
I ordered the Barbara-Q bacon cheese burger and asked that it was cooked rare. My partner has dietary needs, so he just ordered a plain burger with bacon and cheese........NOTHING else.
Both burgers arrived quickly but were completely wrong. Mine was cooked 'well done' and my partners burger had EVERYTHING on it.....apart from bacon. I stressed again my partners dietary needs this to our very board looking server. He disappeared back to the kitchen where I thought he would come trotting back with what we had actually ordered. He didn't. He came back with a plate with two pieces of bacon on it. There was no apology and no mention of a replacement.
That was the last time the hobbit visited our table and I had to get up and go to the bar three times to order more drinks, coffee and the bill.
When the bill was presented they had in fact not charged us for the cocktails (the best part of our meal). so not all was lost.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food for breakfast as well as for dinner is very good. The burgers here rival the ones at HM in the States! I loved the fried mac and cheese balls, and the homemade BBQ sauce was great. The drinks and atmosphere were wonderful - we had a blast and would definitely come back!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food was great and reasonably priced! There was variety and alcohol was also available (there was a bar).The staff were attentive and polite.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The restaurant is in the Axel Hotel. There is a very pleasant outdoor courtyard you can eat or inside. I have been to HM in other locations. None of them seem to last. This was good with a very pleasant waitstaff.