Hotel-Pension Savoy near Kurfurstendamm
$262
$242
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscigar barplace to sleeprooms are smallgreat locationhotel is locatedfurnitureelevatorbalconytv
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Very close to K-dam, zoo and S-bahn line. We had reserved a single and a double room. The single was down a dingy stairway. The room had a shower tube open right into the main room! Our first double room had a bad mildew smell in the bathroom, but we never used it because after looking at the room, the key did not unlock it any more. We were switched to a dingy, large room at the back of the hotel. Lighting was very poor, and a slight mildew smell in the bathroom again. The next day we demanded room changes, and got two new rooms, which were okay. Breakfast quite good in a pleasant dining area. Room price is very good for Berlin, but beware what room you may end up in..

Room Tip: Do not get tiny downstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Good location just off Kudamm. Apparently a very old historical building. Photos on their website are misleading. Rooms are small sized but adequate. Good breakfast spread everyday. I happily compromised luxury to be able to stay in a good location at a reasonable price and importantly with free wifi. Friendly staff and owner. All in all, recommended.....

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel has the best location in town, you see the K-Furstendamm from the street and Zoo is in walking distance. The street has a supermarket, café and pub, and Hard Rock Café at the corner.

The hotel is very small and calm (only 19 rooms) family-run and the staff is dedicated (but does not speak english).

The room was very nice and spacious, nice bathroom with bathtub. Windows towards the quiet backyard. Cleaning and towels each day, showering supplies provided.
Tv has 30 channels (2xBBC wich are the only ones not in German).

The beds and pillows are supreme in comfort, best night sleep ever.

The staff is very dedicated to this hotel, and helpful in a blunt manor.

Breakfast is fresh and has eggs, panncakes, muesli, bread and ham/salami/cheese, mozzarella, yoghurt, seeds and fresh fruit, tea/coffee and orange- and tomatojuice.

The breakfast room is small with maybe 10-12 tables and a balcony, nice and peaceful with no crowded areas.

In all this hotel provides excellent value for a very modest price.
The typical guest of this hotel seemed to be german, middle-aged and academic.

This place is perfect for anybody who wants peace and quiet and to sleep well.

For party teenagers, clubbers and hipsters this is the wrong choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2011

A Fabulous hotel in an excellent location, close to the metro and train station. We came here with friends, and all of us enjoyed our stay. I loved its style, and interior décor in the rooms. I booked here not only because I have read some very positive comments but also because we had an offer of paying for two nights and stay 3.
We enjoyed the variety of breakfast which was more than adequate and we could stay in the breakfast room until 11 a.m.
The hotel is located in an area where there are many restaurants but also other hotels. If however I ever fly to Berlin again, I will surely book here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank greekcypriot2009
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Just came back from holidays. The location is really good ... but there are plenty of hotels around and actually most of the city is so well connected with buses and trams that chances are that you won't have any problem figuring out your way around. I thought that the price was good given that I've only needed a place to sleep. I reviewed the comments related to no A/C but thought it wouldn't be a problem, believe me, it is! sometimes I wanted to go back to the hotel to rest but just thinking in the sauna that was waiting there... even late at night was incredible hot, got a room in the ground floor and even with the window wide open it was awful. On top of that I was waken up around 5.00am b/c of the noise made by neighboors (think that were the next door restaurant staff doing some cleaning, etc) and the people at the front desk were not friendly/not helpful at all and only speak german. Almost forgot, there was a couple of days that I could notice they didn't clean the room at all, and when I've checked in I had to do some cleaning (to be on the safe side). One more thing: the matress is harder than sleepping in the bare floor (I always prefer firm matresses but this didn't qualify as such!) So, check your options.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo