“Nice Portuguese-Argentinian fusion food”
Review of Sudaka

Sudaka
Ranked #1,825 of 8,713 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Schoneberg
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The restaurant serves its purpose fully - excellent picanha, excellent octopus, excellent açorda, excellent steaks (Ojo de bife). Although not vast the wine selection is good. The deserts are also very good. If you are familiar with the mentioned dishes and you like these flavours, this is the place to go in Berlin - pricy however. The staff is nice and professional.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was twice at Sudaka in November and December 2013, and we had a fantastic time upon both visits. The place seems to strike all the right cords: upbeat, modern design, genuinely friendly and easy-going service staff (most of which sound to be Latin American), excellent South American food and absolutely fantastic Argentinian wines, all in a smooth, effortless ambiance . Everything looks and feel like the image of a certain trendy-&- posh-yet-amicable South America that is winning so many hearts of late. I will definitely go back and can highly recommend for anyone wishing to nicely please all senses.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Sudaka is the way South American and called offensively in Spain, but the food they serve here is everything but offensive! Had a Nikkei Tiradito as starter (great tuna quality, great marinade) followed by what I believe is the signature dish of the restaurant: half a kilo steak (in principle it's to share, but...) that is among the best I had this side of Buenos Aires. The fries are also a nice treat, special in shape and taste. The owner and the cook make their best to spend time with guests (or, we were particularly interesting for them!) and the overall service is excellent. As an added bonus, we liked the bar scene around the area! I definitely recommend this place for one of your Berlin nights.

2  Thank Nico C
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went to Sudaka on the recommendation of the hotel receptionist who had been there the night before. Friendly service from waitress who tried really hard to explain the menu to me which was in German - no English menu available. If you don't know German or don't have some knowledge of South American food, you might encounter some problems ordering.
Had the ceviche amazonicos for my starter - chunky pieces of fresh cod mixed with herbs and onion in a tangy creamy lemon sauce, just perfect to stave off my hunger pangs and yet build up an appetite. There was also the classic ceviche available but I thought I'd try their different take on the ceviche. Based on the amazonicos, their classic ceviche would probably be just as good.
There was a variety of house wines to choose from and the best thing is that there were both the normal portion by the glass and also half liter carafes. I placed my trust in the nice waitress and the red she recommended was good.
For my main, I had the bife de chorizo (Argentinian sirloin steak). Ordered it medium rare and it came out medium rare - a good sign and I was not disappointed. In fact it was a really tender steak, full of flavour and all nice flesh with zero sinew. I regretted ordering only the 200g portion rather than the 300g. Apparently the beef comes from Argentina though I can't tell one way or the other - but it was really good. Had no space left for dessert - I don't have another stomach dedicated for dessert unlike some people.
My conclusion? This place is definitely worth the trek from the closest U-Bahnhof station, Nollendorfplatz. I'd come here again and order the same. Yes, it was that good.

1  Thank skive
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We alighted on this restaurant completely by chance. A friend has told me there were plenty of restaurants around Winterfeldplatz and there it was. It's Peruvian. The steaks I am told were mouth-watering-my niece, a connoisseur said they were better than those in Hawksmoor (I wouldn't know!). I had a vegetarian meal with mushrooms and aubergines-no idea what else but it was delish! We had salads and chips too-all done very well. Service was efficient, friendly and amusing. never intrusive. We also shared two puddings among the three of us. And gorgeous they were! We drank good Argentinian white wine.

1  Thank AynieLondon