“Exceptional restaurant ”

Ranked #74 of 10,288 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Chilean, Mediterranean, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf (Borough)
Description: La tia rica, close to Savignyplatz offers chilean gourmet food and wine. Apart from excellent Chilean specialities we offer a nice atmosphere and large selection of Chilean wines
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to this restaurant Thursday evening without reservations. They have their set menu & there are multiple other choices on a blackboard. We opted to share 3 starters & this was more than enough for us. We had the octopus carpaccio, the empanada special with crabmeat & the “spicy” cerviche. My husband and I agreed that this was the best cerviche we ever had. The combo of the spiciness of the fish, with the sweetness of the cilantro foam and melon (never had ceviche with melon) was wonderful. Empanadas & carpaccio were also winners. The accompanying pumpkin break and Chilean wine made for a perfect meal. Charming atmosphere, good service.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (646)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

IT.'S the third time that I Visit La Tia Rica. The first time I think that I was serves be the doughter of the owner. SHE was very dedicated and the service was excellent. To night I was served by a waitet Who did not smell to the cork of the Wine. And the first bottle was undrinkabel. Awfull. The waitet ask another waitet Who asked the owner and the acknowled the the Wine was un drinkable and recommended another wine. It's not ok that a waitet serves a bad wine. The food was medium to low quality not tasty but strong and salty. I might have visited La Tia Rica for the last time. And by the way. The restaurant was half empty a friday evening. Not a good sign

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 30, 2019

I will write this comment in english because need to be for everyone.
The food here is AMAZING, the service 10/10 (Diego and Emmanuel they were very attentive about everything, they recommended the best dishes in the restaurant) ,the owner is always there looking if is everything good.
They serve CHILEAN WINE which it's really nice btw, the food is fresh, also de fish and all the vegetables. I ask for the tune with smash peas and was one of the best tuna that I ever tasted.
Is not like the authentic chilean food.. is better!!!
Really I WILL BACK FOR SURE!

Pd: tienen helado de Lúcuma que está espectacular

Reviewed August 25, 2019

They say - never go back - and perhaps you misremember things. We went here twice on our last visit to Berlin and loved it. Booked a table and were taken to nice one outside. Nice bread brought to table but they no longer give you the lovely nuts they did last time. Wine has shot up in price - in 2017 most wines were 22 euros but now prices go up from 26 euros. We had seafood mixed starters which contained little fish and a lot of fillers such as chick peas and salad. I had beef stifado which was burnt underneath. Also, we could not order desserts as all the staff disappeared for a long time (as sometimes happens when people are busy). Also, when we got the bill they had added on a bottle of water - at 6.60 euros - which we had not had. So nice enough meal but not what I remembered from two years ago.

Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking to try some great Chilean food, look no further. Great drinks, great food selection and really good service. Well worth a visit.