“An Excellent Hotel - Highly Recommended”

centrovital Hotel Berlin
Ranked #173 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed September 6, 2008

From check in to check out I had a 100% positive experience. The staff I came into contact with at reception, restaurants, spa and housekeeping were first class with an impressive friendliness and efficiency.
I had booked a single room which sometimes in Germany is very small but even though it was a genuine single room it was just like the double room photos but with an oversize single bed.
Breakfast which was free had an excellent buffet selection with a chef cooking omelets etc. to order. The chef suggested I take my seat while he prepared the omelet and he brought it personally to my table. The Bistro restaurant again had very friendly staff and the food quality and presentation was very good.
The spa is top class with a large swimming pool, a children’s pool, a powerful jacuzzi, saunas, steam baths and tropical rainfall showers. I checked out at 11.00am but the spa was available free for the rest of the day.

Traveller's tip on saving a few bucks
The hotel provides a free pass for local transport and you can use it to catch the bus from within 100 yards of the hotel to the railway station (4 stops) where you can catch a train into Berlin (about 15 minutes to the main shopping centre). Berlin’s integrated transport system is very good and easy to use. The Berliner City Tour on open top bus with Live commentary is very good for 10 Euros.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank AlunWatkins

Reviewed June 7, 2008

After a good but extremely wet stay in March, we returned for a long weekend over Pentecost. We got a very good deal booking direct with the hotel so splashed out on a junior suite.

We were on the 3rd floor on a corner. The suite had the usual bedroom, plus sitting area (TVs in each room) which could be separated completely with sliding doors. As the sitting area had a sofa bed, this would be good for families. Large bathroom with both bath and separate shower as well as 2 basins. All spotless and free mineral water is a nice touch. We were also given a voucher for a free welcome drink.

We made full use of the spa/pool area and discovered the rooftop sauna/sunbathing area. Ideal given the very hot weather. This got pretty busy but there was always plenty of space in the pool/saunas.

The location is very good - a pleasant stroll into Spandau old town where there are some good bars and restaurants. We liked Bar Altstadt on the pedestrian street on the way in - nice staff, good beer and a little courtyard garden out the back.

Thoroughly enjoyed it and will certainly be back again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellerfromkiev
Reviewed May 30, 2008

We stayed here for 5 nights in May 2008. Very nice hotel on the outskirts of Berlin. The spa/sauna area was very relaxing and enjoyable. The staff was excellent.

Breakfast was great and provided a great start to our day. After breakfast it was off to the pool area for some relaxation and exercise.

The room was sufficient. No air conditioning but the windows opened all the way. No internet access on the 5th floor so we had to take our laptops down to the 4th floor. Not too inconvenient.

The Spandau area was fairly quiet. Several restaurants within walking distance. We had our car so travel into central Berlin was easy.

Overall, a very nice week.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mromero548
Reviewed April 13, 2008

Not really a business hotel but serves the purpose. Nice rooms, decent internet access and business services. Only a few choices around the hotel in walking distance. Has apparently a great spa area, but due to business I had no time to check it out!

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank WolfgangEmperger
Reviewed February 19, 2008

I have just returned from a three night stay at theCentrovital in Spandau. I booked through the hotel website as this offered the best price and didn't require pre-payment, cancellation being free of charge until 1 day prior to the booking.

The S-Bahn (part of the fantastic fully integrated public transport system in Berlin) from Schonefeld airport took around 1Hr 15Min. There are quicker routes but the S9 takes you right from the airport to Rathaus Spandau without needing to change. As I wasn't fully aware of the location we took a taxi from the station to the hotel. The hotel had informed me this would cost approx EUR 7 and they were absolutely correct. Check in was efficient and courteous. Our key cards didn't work at first but a chamber maid let us into our room and we then had our cards changed at reception when we went for a walk around Spandau later which wasn't any hassle.

I was thoroughly impressed by the room for the rate we paid although there wasn't a bath despite having paid extra for an 'executive' room. The room did however have a fabulous view over lake Spandau and was very very quiet. Everything was spotlessly clean and very new.

The spa facilities were first rate, my only slight criticism is that there was very little information available in English (although we were in Germany!) however staff were always willing to help and spoke flawless English when approached.

The breakfast was very good, with fresh eggs cooked to order and leaf tea brought to your table. Selection was large encompassing cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pastries and cooked items such as bacon and sausage. There was also a healthy fuit/veg/other smoothie every morning.

The main station was a little under 20 minutes stroll from the hotel although the U-Bahn (underground) station was little over 5 minutes and both could take you into the centre of Berlin in around 20 minutes. We purchased a EUR 20.50 travel pass valid for zones A and B on all transportation for 72 hours and would recommend any visitors do the same. This pass also grants money off entry to certain musuems and other benefits.

All told I would heartily recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Berlin, be it on business or for a short break. The size of Berlin means that even were one to stay in the centre then public transport would still be heavily used so staying out of the centre is no hardship.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pulsarpx
Reviewed February 13, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Centrovital recently on a weekend trip to Berlin. It's a 15 minute taxi ride from Tegel airport. The rooms are modern and clean. The best thing was included use of the spa facilities in the hotel including - a large swimming pool, multiple steam rooms and saunas, an ice room foot baths.

Getting into Berlin to see the tourist sights is simple, Spandau station is an easy 20 minute walk through the town of Spandau.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JB246
Reviewed November 20, 2007

I got a very good deal on the Centrovital so, taken with the very good reviews decided to try it out even though it was out west in Berlin. The location wasn't too bad because I was spending my days on business in the west part of centre anyway, so transport wasn't a problem.
Check in was an enormous hassle. It took me THREE attempts to get my room key correctly programmed in order to let me in to my room. After a days meetings and then flight to Berlin that was very annoying. I asked at the reception whether they could provide me with a kettle so that I could fill my hot water bottle, as I was going through a period of waking with a sore back. The evening receptionists were not helpful, suggsting that there wasn't a single kettle in the place.
I walked through the old town of Spandau to the railway station a couple of times - definitely walking distance. And the old town is quite pretty. Around the hotel it can seem a little hair-raising, but I didn't encounter any trouble.
The swimming pool did look very inviting - if I stayed at this hotel again, I would definitely ensure that I was only staying here to use the spa/pool/gym facilities, and perhaps then my review would be a little better.
The breakfast was indeed very good - loads of choice.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business