“delicious italian food”
Review of Ristorante Caffe Bocconi - CLOSED

Ristorante Caffe Bocconi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Description: Small and friendly restaurant with typical speciality from Sicily. Everything is homemade from the gnocchi and tagliatelle until the desserts. Nice garden to eat outside.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Reduced menu, simply prepared, outstanding result! All the starters we had were delicious, especially the octopus salad. The mains also great, for a simple but delicious taste of home-made gnocchi, order the Gnocchi Norma, or for a bigger appetite, the lasagna. Desserts, all delicious, Tiramisu and chocolate cake

2  Thank smashing79

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I never expected to have the best Italian EVER in Berlin, but I did! The food was every bit as good as other reviewers have attested! The atmosphere was cozy and warm --- even providing blankets so we could enjoy our meal on the patio on a beautiful but chilly evening. The owner was so welcoming as if you had been his neighbor for years and had a wonderful sense of humor. Prices were so reasonable that I almost felt guilty for having such a fabulous meal at such a good value. Definitely on my list of must dos whenever I am in Berlin.

2  Thank CLongB
Reviewed July 6, 2014

What caught our attention was the great reviewes about the Caffe Bocconi. Every kind word was 100% truth and restaurant was totally worth visiting. Food was authentic and tasty. Service kind and friendly without being too tacky. Many thanks for a great dinner guys!

2  Thank UC5
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This restaurant is a "must" if you want to enjoy Italian cuisine in Berlin. This intimate cafe has limited seating inside and out. The owner, Fabio, is a delightful host who explains the menu and even shares some of his cooking secrets. His wait staff is also welcoming offering warm and friendly service. The starters are fresh and beautifully presented. The lasagna is light as a feather and the homemade pasta is worth writing about. We were so thrilled with our first visit that we returned 10 days later at the end of our travels throughout Germany. Here's to Italian cuisine in Berlin!

1  Thank MargieML
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The owner Fabio is fabulous! This cute little restaurant is worth every bit of effort you undertake to get to it. Reservations are highly recommended as this is a very popular spot. Fabio will come to your table and take whatever time is necessary to describe in exquisite detail the history of each dish and the extent of loving care he puts into each. Fabio makes his own olives and homemade jams for his cheese sampler plate. By the time we had finished talking about the meal we felt like we had known Fabio our whole lives and were visiting his home for dinner. My wife had the pork neck roast and it was outstanding - succulent and flavorful. I had the pistachio gnocchi. I'm not normally a gnocchi fan because it is typically too dense for my tastes but this was light and airy and quite tasty. We tried the tiramisu for dessert and were instantly transported to heaven. It alone was worth the entire trip. Do not miss Fabio!