Das Stue
Ranked #6 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Having recently stayed at Das Stue whilst in Berlin for business purposes, I was absolutely amazed by the entire experience that they offer. Everything from the hotel design, interior decorating, room decor and space, facilities and hospitality are flawless. I was incredibly impressed and my only disappointment was having to leave. I can confidently state this is a hotel you don't want to miss if you're planning a trip to Berlin.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Angelo_Sydney
JP D, General Manager at Das Stue, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having stayed with us and for sharing your very positive experience. We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The building is carefully converted from embassy to hotel and kept in an austere scandinavian style, but with lots of human touches, like the leather animal chairs in the libraries. The rooms are stylishly furnished. Wifi is free, but with unimpressive data speed. However, all rooms have a cabled iMac serving as TV as well as computer, so if you need bandwidth, you needs will be met.
You can choose rooms facing the street or the zoo. Although you will encounter slight street noise, I would recommend this to light sleepers, as you will not hear the bar in summer nights.
The pool is good, and also sports a good sauna.
The staff is really helpful and courteous. We got a very high level of service throughout our stay.
The hotel houses a michelin-star restaurant but the more accessible "The Casual" restaurant offered a terrific dinner. The breakfast buffet was good, but at the price level I would expect real scrambled eggs instead of powder.
All in all, spoil yourself, you won´t regret it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your most positive review. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you appreciated all our services and extra touches.

I can also assure you we do not use powerdered eggs! This would be unacceptable in any establishment let alone ours!

We do hope to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed April 5, 2014

A great modern boutique hotel. Service was especially friendly, Customer-Relations/Concierge was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of city's hot spots.
We booked a Deluxe double room and were upgraded to Junior Suite.
Rooms are very well designed, as are all of the hotel's public spaces. Hotel's Bar turned out to be a very cool place for a night out.
Location is not in particular central - but rather a peaceful 5-minute-taxi-distance from most of Berlin's more crowded areas. After staying at endless tripadvisor-top-rated hotels, I can defiantly say the Das Stue is truly one of the best!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amir S
JP D, General Manager at Das Stue, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest

It is a great honour to be rated by you as one of the best hotels! The team works hard to ensure we remain in this position! Thank you for having stayed at Das Stue and for sharing your very positive experience.

We do hope to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Something that really bothers me are 5* hotels with poor window quality. In my case, with a window on the street, I could hear every delivery truck in the morning, the garbage pick up and so on.

To add insult to injury, the quilt/dvet on the bed was ridiculous warm, but the room temperature was to cold to sleep without.

Service at the Casual restaurant and atbreakfast was also not up to my expectation.

The design is really cool, but does not help to sleep ...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PelikanJ
JP D, General Manager at Das Stue, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for having stayed with us at Das Stue and for sharing your experience. I am really shocked to hear about your sleep experience and would really like to apologize for this. This is the first time we had had a comment like this as our windows are all double glazing and furthermore we are located on very quiet street by the park, so I am really hoping that this was an isolated event as our guest's comfort is our priority on all levels.

In any event we do have rooms located facing the zoo which are very quiet and have no risk of noise, save the ostiches living next door in the zoo!

We do hope to welcome you back and if so we can also offer you anti-allergic duvets which are lighter than our feather duvets. I will share your comment with the casual/breakfast team. It can quite busy at times and i apologize if the service was not up to par.

Once again thank you for sharing and we hope to welcome you back

Kind regards

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed after a business trip one day longer and decid3ed to have a look at this hotel. It was very nice. The furniture is very modern and I felt like at apple labs. I had a very nice and calm towards the zoo. This was even more appreciated, as coming from M>Moscow one lacks silence and nice air. Unfortunately I could not stay for dinner. as I left the bar was very full and in very good mood. As I love jogging in the morning - this place is perfect! Really right at the zoo, I went out running more than an hour. Breakfast was very nicely served and was very relaxing! I am coming back, next time with family or better for a 'no kid’s night out' :) Thank you!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest

We are very happy to hear that you felt so comfortable and relaxed at our hotel. It is indeed located in a very special area of Berlin.

We do hope that next time you try our michelin starred restaurant and come back with the children.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon and thank you for sharing your experience

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Being a frequent traveller, i went in many hotels in many countries but Das Stue has the charm, the quality, the personal touch of the best hotels in the world.
If you are looking for a week end with your partner, Berlin is a great place with a lot to see, learn and discover. Das Stue is an amazing boutique 5stars hotel to get your stay this romantic, classy touch you are looking for.
As we came back from our day in Berlin using the hotel's bike, My wife tried a SPA facial treatment that she qualified as " amazingly relaxing and one of the best treatment she had for a very long time". In the meantime, i enjoyed my time in the indoor swimming pool and sauna.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sboisset
JP D, General Manager at Das Stue, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for having stayed at Das Stue and for sharing your exerience. It is certainly a very romantic place as you have mentioned and there is certainly something for everyone. We do hope you have the opportunity to come back very soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

An amazing hotel as a hotel owner rep I must say this has been one of best hotels I've stayed at very impressed with management they can do it with no management company they were amazing best GM hands on knows people and wants to do more thanks Majid Alissa

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Majidalissa

Dear Guest

Many thanks for sharing such a positive review. Indeed we pride ourselves in being an independantly owned and managed hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon