“Great food!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Definitely recommend this place. Extensive menu, delicious food, great service and friendly staff; good value for the prices.

There are newer reviews for Taverna Athene

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Staff were friendly and helpful with our limited German. We walked to this restaurant in about 15 mins from Checkpoint Charlie. Food and drink weren't completely what we would hope but then we are big fans of Greek food, however it was really good and sensibly priced. An end of meal shot of ouzo wasn't quite a substitute for the fact that they didn't have any baklava, but it warmed us ready to walk back to the hotel in the snow!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This restaurant serves very good authentic greek food. Go for your greek favorites like tyropita, spanakopita, gigantes beans, etc. I especially enjoyed the tsipoura which is a Mediterranean fish grilled and served whole. Fantastic flavor.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The restaurant is just next to my hotel so I give it a try. It was 11pm on sat. I was the last customer but they still very friendly and explain everything on the menu for me. I order a small dishes but it's not small at all . Very tasty and they have many choice for dessert. I ordered 2 dessert and one main course plus a drink. Only 12euro. Very good price with good service and food. So I think it's a good choice if u r looking for some plce to eat around this area.

2  Thank June A
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My partner loved everything about this place so much he made us return three times during out stay.... very yummy calamari and so cheap!!

2  Thank Alex_156