“Cheap n cheerful - ideal fast food”
Review of Nordsee

Nordsee
Ranked #887 of 9,127 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Mitte
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Looks like a McDonalds style fast-food chain, but specialises in seafood.

Service good, quality of food is excellent and can't fault the value for money. Wish the would go international!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I recommend for those who love fish and seafood. The price is reasonable and it tastes so delicious.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a fast food outlet. Modern clean interior or there is outside seating. Also outside serving hatch for takeaways. Nice tasty food well cooked and good draft beer, though limited choice.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We spotted Nordsee near our hotel so we decided to try it. The fish choices are good. The fish is tasty and you have a choice of accompaniments. You basically help yourself to drinks and utensils. When you have eaten your meal you stack away your dishes.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I’ve been to Nordsee so many times… the food is always nice and affordable. BUT I can’t say the same about customer service. On 09.10.2013, between 13h and 14h, my sister and I went to Nordsee in Spandauer Straße 4 10178 Berlin, and were quite shocked. The ladies serving food are arrogant and weird (the guys were friendly and professional though, and the lady cleaning the toilets was very nice too). I said Hi and made our order in English. The lady who served me was thin, young, with a wild cherry red-coloured hair + double-plait Gretel style. she understood my English, I paid and we went to sit and eat. Shortly my sister wanted a coffee crème and gave me 50euro note as she had no more change. I joined the queue (and was watching another lady with the head half shaved serving a customer on the other queue… the customer was to pay €23 or €25 and 10cents, and was giving the money… the lady asked the customer if she had 10cents, but the customer didn’t have it, and you really – REALLY – should see her face! The customer started searching for any change and found 20cents… so the half-shaved-head lady finally processed the order)... and when my turn came to order, I said “Hi, can I have a coffee crème”, and 'Gretel’ said “Hallo”, I said “yes a coffee crème please” (is she deaf?), and then she gave me a nasty stare and said with an angry arrogant tone “Hallo”, meaning that I must respond to her greeting first! But I already greeted her 15 minutes ago (did she forget my face that quick? We were sitting on a table just in front of her counter), and then again said Hi when I wanted the coffee crème! How many times should I say Hi before she takes my order? Is she for real? I mean, if the customer doesn’t greet in German language and every time they want something, she won’t take orders? Huh? There are thousands of foreign customers who visit Berlin every month and go to eat at Nordsee; should they all learn and place orders in German to be served? This is bad. She thinks she can teach me manners? I had to say Hallo before she can process the order, and she was so annoyed I was giving €50… I started searching in my wallet for change, and thank God I found €2 because I really felt she was about to hit me. I live in Ireland, and was never ever treated like this, even not in a third world country. I thought ‘Gretel’ behaviour was robotic (not human), and you have to see the way she walks around, so arrogant, full of herself, and looking at people as if they were a piece of ####. I’d love to know how they hire ‘people’ like this at Nordsee (these ladies are more focused on their extravagant showy style than in providing reasonable and friendly customer service!)… Many tourists arrive at the Alexanderplatz station with only notes as money, so Nordsee staff won’t take orders or would frown/be pissed off if these customers don’t have the exact change?? Wow. Well, as the proverb says “there are plenty more fish in the sea”, and I’m sure there are so many other restaurants who would be pleased to take my orders when I visit Berlin in the future.

2  Thank Astral W