WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of vanille & marille Eismanufaktur

vanille & marille Eismanufaktur
Ranked #13 of 154 Dessert in Berlin
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Description: 100% natural ice cream - free from artificial colors, additives and flavorings ... Scoops, Catering, Home Mug, cuos for Take Away details: + We are trained, state certified ice maker. + We provide daily forth fresh ice cream. Our Eismanufaktur: Hagelberger Straße 1, 10965 Berlin (2nd backyard). + All our ingredients are 100% natural and free from artificial colors, additives and flavorings. + In our ice cream are only selected, high quality ingredients. All varieties are created by our own recipes. + We adhere strictly to hygiene regulations. We are regularly inspected by an external laboratory of the Free University of Berlin and the health department. + We are a seasonal business and are open from mid-March to mid-October.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best ice cream in the world. Seriously.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

As others have written, Vanille & Manille is a little hole-in-the-wall place. We stumbled upon it on a recent trip to Berlin and ended up going back every single day. A scoop costs €1 and is totally worth every penny. The staff is friendly and willing to give taste tests--plus help you out with the German. Lines can be long but move quickly. You either sit outside or take it with you as there are no seats inside. Every flavor I tasted was the best, but I can especially recommend the salty caramel and the lemon. The dark chocolate-coffee with sherry was so good, I had to eat it twice. Go there.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ohboymom

Berlin, Germany
“Unique Flavor Combos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Eis in Berlin is...everywhere come spring/summer, most are totally decent but Vanille & Manille is a several steps up from the run of the mill that you see everywhere. There is usually a long line, it does move quickly although sometimes I feel a bit rushed in making my decision since German isn't my native language so it does take me an extra minute or so to see what all they have and choose wisely. Every time I go they have something new and different, as well as classics. So glad it is spring and it's open again for our enjoyment!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Toftlund, Denmark
“Absolutely the yummiest icecream I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Go there and try it out. I have watched this small parlour grow in customers whenever I visit Berlin.
They are polite and always ready to let you taste their flavors before buying.
The flavors are out of ths world!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutly incredible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I almost don't want to write this review lest popularity lessen the magic of this little hole-in-the-wall, tucked away ice cream place. It's tiny, you buy your cone and sit on the bench outside or on the sidewalk, but it's amazingly delicious. Really wonderful wonderful ice cream, in a vareity of flavors, both traditional and unique. I highly recommend it.