“Great vibe, great burgers, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ruben & Carla

Ruben & Carla
Ranked #355 of 8,294 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: European, Delicatessen, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: "Quality of the food, a simple menu and joy of life": these are the inspirations that drove Udi and Sebastiano, two old time friends respectively from Israel and Italy, to create their new restaurant and bar concept in the heart of Mitte. During the day an easy going Pastrami Bar serves the original Reuben sandwich, delicious home made burgers and much more; Ruben & Carla at night lowers its lights, lights the candles, and changes itself into a sophisticated meat restaurant that serves prime quality steaks "Tagliata" style with hand cut fries. Ruben & Carla is the new meeting point to experience good food and wine, good music and to discover an eclectic and cosmopolitan crowd.
Berlin, Germany
“Great vibe, great burgers, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I like this place! It has a cool vibe; the music is good, the service is efficient and friendly.

I very much enjoyed the two 100 gr. mini burgers! They looked fun when served and they taste excellent. Also: cooked to perfection. I was less impressed by the fries, which I found way too think, but that may just be a matter of taste.

I've heard their Pastrami is amazing; haven't tried it yet though.

If you're in the area and you love meat, do pop in for a bite and a cold San Miguel!

Brampton
“Great Burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had just arrived in Berlin after a week in Munich and we were out exploring the area around our hotel.We had been eating a lot of the local food and wanted a break for the night.We walked by Ruben & Carla and they had a board outside advertising the Burger of the week.Keeping this in mind we went further on exploring the neighborhood.Getting hungry we returned to get a burger(for me).We got a friendly welcome and were taken to our table. Drinks were ordered, beer for me ,wine for my wife.A small basket of bread and some veggies and dip were brought to the table (free of charge) nice touch. My wife ordered the tempura and it was a big enough,she decided that was all she needed for dinner. I ordered the burger of the week.A nice thick burger with parmeson,brie,crispy onion,boiled egg,bacon,ceasar dressing,tomatoe and lettuce. I chose to skip the boiled egg.It came with a large portion of thinly cut home made fries. Hamburger heaven.The resturant had only been open a short time, but by the time we left it was filling up . We liked the atmosphere, the service and price were great,the owner was helping out and came over and introduced himself and asked if every thing was ok. They have a great menu with lots of choice but I say try a burger. It is on Linienstrasse 136. If you are staying at the Circus Hotel it's a short walk.

• Visited September 2012