“Jahr, Jahr, Jahr!”

Ranked #157 of 8,860 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: The Hofbräu in Berlin opened its doors on 4th November 2011 and has been synonymous with Bavarian spirit in the capital ever since. With nicely cooled original Hofbräu beer served in "Maßkrug" tankards and a comprehensive range of Bavarian specialities we cater to your appetite. Our staff, dressed in dirndl and lederhosen also ensure you forget that you're actually in Berlin. The atmospheric entertainment is provided by our numerous bands of the original Hofbräuhaus Show who play in every Hofbräuhaus around the world. Experience our live band at the following times: Mornings: Mon - Sat 12:00 - 15:00 and Sun 10:00 - 15:00 Afternoons: Sun - Thurs 18:00 - 23:00 and Fri - Sat 19:00 - 24:00 A must - not just for fans of Bavaria ! Whether it's a rustic meal, birthday, corporate event, Christmas party or 'just because'- with us, every event becomes an experience!Enjoy Bavarian specialities in a comfortable atmosphere or experience the real Oktoberfest ambience at one of our many events - the entire year round!
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I visited on a Tuesday evening and was easily accommodated on a high table near the live music and dance floor. The staff were friendly, being patient with my limited German and speaking English where necessary. An English menu was offered however I took the waitresses suggestion and ordered 'Deftiger Schweinsbraten mit Dunkelbiersoße, Kartoffelknödeln & Krautsalat', or as I would say, 'Hearty roast pork with dark beer gravy, potato dumplings & coleslaw'. To accompany I ordered 1L of Hofbräu Original. Both the drink and meal were served quickly and I wasn't disappointed. The pork was perfectly cooked and enough to fill me up. The beer was also, as expected, very good, served in a rather nice glass stein.

The atmosphere was what set the venue off. The live traditional music and mix of old and young dancing created a very happy experience. The staff were all well mannered and service was quick (~10 minutes) even when it was busy. I would suggest booking for larger groups and especially on weekends. I look forward to visiting the Munich beer halls in future. Missing the elusive fifth star due to a slightly touristy feel, it would have been nice to see more locals.

* A small shop was located at the entrance offering merchandise and souvenirs however I did not use this facility.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,388)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Me and my group were recommended this restaurant by the barman in our hotel lobby bar, and were not disappointed. When we arrived we asked if there was a table available as we had no reservations and were seated straight away. The atmosphere is intoxicating. The restaurant is set out in what i can only describe as a traditional german oktoberfest tent. There was a folk band playing in the centre of the room, and the restaurant was LOUD but in a lively way.
The menu is filled with German and bavarian specialties such as pork knuckle and schnitzel but there was steak available too. The only complaint I have is the lack of vegetarian options (one of our group is a veggie). We ordered our drinks and they came really fast. As a non german speaker I'll advise you check what you are ordering. My partner ordered me a wheat beer (which was yummy) but ended up getting me a litre of it!
The food came quite quickly and was delicious. I had a steak with potatoes and gravy, which was all the best I could have imagined. The veggie ended up having a cheese platter and a pretzel which was a bit lacking.
Overall I, as an omnivore, was really happy with this restaurant, and the warm apple strudel was gorgeous too.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Loud oompah music, massive food portions (mainly meat with more meat....don't Germans eat fish ?????), great friendly service.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice in our short stay because we really enjoyed the great Bavarian atmosphere here. The food was nice and reasonably priced and a great choice of beer. There was live music and a relaxed service. Great for a weekend night out.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

You cant take the beer outside, they gave my bill without asking... I would prefer to drink and eat in a small place next time.