“Cinestar”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Cinestar”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been to this Cinestar Cinema a number of times over the years and always make a point of seeing what is showing when I am Berlin. I have never had any problems with staff being rude, smelly toilets, finding which screen is show the film I have booked or someone in my seat. I have always found the experience similar to going to the cinema in the UK. I try and go on a Tuesday if possible as the prices are cheaper.

Visited July 2012

• Arabic first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The Staff Are Rude, the Place Stinks”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

It's nice that they play movies in English, BUT the staff are incredibly rude, and the bathrooms STINK.

I have seen two movies here. While most movies do not rely on dialogue, having an English dialogue is more like being back home. But the whole theater experience at CineStar, from start to finish, is so insulting, that I'd rather go across the street to CineMaxx where at least staff are nice to you - and tickets are 50c cheaper.

Let's start at the end - the bathrooms are disgusting. The urinals STINK. Didn't dare peek into a sit-down stall. The used paper towel bins are full, and some of the paper towel dispensers are empty. Both before my movie, and after. That's the better part of two hours, after how many hours of customers from dozens of shows.

There's one heavy door to open get into the wash basin part, and another heavy door to get into the stinky urinal/toilet section. Needing to open big heavy doors, after you've touched yourself to go the bathroom, means you're going to get those door handles pretty dirty with your dirty hands. Thanks for caring.

And the toilet room STINKS, because they're NOT kept clean.

And it's not just me, I saw several men visibly upset because they had to use such disgustingly filthy facilities. In the grand Sony Center????

The ticket sellers are disgustingly rude at the front end of the theater experience. It really UPSETS me when some lazy goof, sitting in a chair on their dead butt, asks me where I want to sit, and doesn't have an OUNCE OF BRAINS to show me a layout of the theater so I can point WHERE I would want to be assigned a seat. If it matters that much, wake up from your lazy day dream, and SELL me the ticket!

And, WAKE UP and tell me where the theater is, and how do I get to it!!!! Finally, in the hallway to the theaters, there's NO ONE to provide any assistance - except for a couple of bartenders selling drinks. HELLO - how about some personnel - called USHERS for a reason - to make for a pleasant theater-going experience????

Then, i get to the theater, find my seat, and some fat person, and two others in her party, is in my seat. Now, IF I am SUPPOSED to sit in my assigned seat, why is someone ELSE in my seat??? And, where are the USHERS?

So I, like a good American consumer, complain, and the could-care-less goof told me it is MY RESPONSIBILITY to tell the fat person in my seat, with her friends, TO MOVE!!!!!!!! Are you KIDDING??

This theater is absolute disgusting, in its customer service. No wonder people rent movies on-line!!!

And, don't get me started about the people who were still piling in, 10 minutes into the movie. The MOVIE, NOT the commercials or trailers. THE MOVIE! STOP selling tickets AFTER the MOVIE has started, you cheap money-grubbing goofs.

Have you NO RESPECT for your customers, or for the movie???

Visited May 2012