Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz
Ranked #66 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The location of this hotel could not be faulted, close to sightseeing bus, transport links and walking distance to lots. Service was friendly and welcoming. Appreciated the 5euro token for the bar through not getting the room cleaned one day. We did pay for a superior room so can't comment on the size of standard room. Our room was great (once we worked out how to use the AC!). Would not hesistate to stay here again.

Room Tip: May be worth paying for a superior room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank suzeps
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear suzeps,

thanks a lot for staying with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. Thank you highlighting the friendly and welcoming service and for mentioning our green initiative. We reward guests who skip the room fresh-up with a voucher for our bar or restaurant and so far the feedback of our guests is great.

We hope to see you soon again in the near future.

Best regards,

General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,748)

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have never written a review before, but I was so disappointed at our stay here, we were looking forward to it and most of the reviews were exceptional so I didn't think there was anything to worry about however on arrival the rooms were tiny, it would have been ok for a couple of nights stay but for 6 days there was just not many places to store your stuff, I asked about an upgrade but was quoted 25 euro a night which I thought was a bit steep.
The hotel staff apart from a couple were not helpful, I found them to be quite rude,items in our room were not replaced such as coffee and toilet paper, in the end I went out and bought some myself because I was fed up of asking.
Also on checkout we were charged an extra 13 euro for train tickets we paid in cash, although it was given back when we queried the bill.
I am not one of these people that find fault with everything and like I said have never complained before, if I was asked by checkout staff about our stay I would have said something but they had no interest whatsoever.
The only good thing about this hotel was the location, it was fantastic, you couldn't get better, unfortunately for me that was it.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Vict0ria88
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Vict0ria88,

thank you very much for your booking at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review. I am very unhappy letting you leave frustrated and I wish I had the chance to talk to you during your stay. You find my name and contact details in the welcome letter in every room.

I understand that your standard room has been a bit too small for a six nights stay and I am happy that you were offered an upgrade for a fair price. The sizes of our room categories are stated on our website and we recommend our standard rooms for short business trips.

The way you describe the encounters with our staff stand in contrast with the experience other guests have shared here on tripadvisor, Usually we receive a lot of positive feedback on the attentiveness of the staff and most of the time we build up a personal relationship with frequent- or long stay guests. It is a pity that we did not succeed this way with you.
The complimentary Tassimo tabs are filled up on arrival. To be honest it is quite hard to believe to me that we did not fill up the toilet paper and other things. Maybe this has something to do with a do-not-disturb-sign in use ? In any case I apologize for any bad feelings.

Dear Vict0ria88, you can contact me anytime on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 21, 2014

This has got to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Not only was it a friendly atmosphere when we first arrived but the staff couldn't do enough to help.( even the treats that were left in our room made it all the more special).The hotel is within great walking distance for some lovely restaurants. The best way to see berlin is to do a bus tour and the staff are very helpful at showing you some great places to see. The tram and train are both within walking distance.. all in all we had a fabulous stay at this hotel and me and my friends look forward to retuning here in the future..thank you very very much

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank roro462

Dear roro462,

it has been a pleasure having you and your friends at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and I thank you very much for your lovely feedback. We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your Berlin trip and your stay at Hotel indigo and I am happy to share your review with my team.

We look forward to your next Berlin visit and we hope you will choose Hotel Indigo again.

All the very best,

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Actually my first stay at an "Indigo" which appears to be the stylish alternative to "Holiday Inn" of the ICH group.

Located at a not that nice corner of Alexanderplatz (well, one can discuss about the beauty of Alex anyway) the hotel offers afordable stylish and we'll equipped rooms with some luxury twists (coffee maker, Aveda cosmetics, free WiFi ), however the rooms are much smaller than they appear in the web. Still, they do their job.

The check - in was a bit slow as the guy was no native German speaker, but one can live with that.

Housekeeping appears to be provided by an external provider and these guys do their job, but nothing more. Cosmetics refill was missing, but provided by a supervisor afterwards and linen should have been changed. These guys u fortunately don't speak any German or English, so difficult to discuss with them.

Breakfast is worth its price and has a good choice. However, finding out how to get the juice out of these dispensers is as tricky as finding someone serving you a coffee speciality. Going to the bar yourself is the easiest way, probably as these girls have not entirely understood how to serve. Well - we are in Berlin, still.

In summary: a good choice, but some (minor) things for the management to work on.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank schellberg

Dear schellberg,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz. I am very glad to read that your very first Hotel Indigo experience has been a good one. Thank you for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review and thank you for your valuable feedback. To be honest I am struggling myself getting an orange juice from the dispenser in the morning. We have just got them in use for some weeks and we are currently looking for an alternative solution.

We hope that you will return to Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz very soon. Please ask for me at the reception so I can say hello or drop me an email on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com.

Yours truly,

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Located just off alexanderplatz nearby tram stops and S and U bahn a few minutes away makes this the perfect hotel for some serious Berlin exploring. You can walk to prenzlaurberg and hackescher markt in a few minutes. Rooms always clean and tidy also ate at built in restaurant which is breakfast room in mornings. Food lots and loads to choose from at breakfast.Coffee maker in room. This is the third time I've stayed here says it all really.

Room Tip: facing inner courtyard are quiet but no real view
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chris l
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear chris l,

thank you very much for your third stay at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your excellent review. As I did not had the chance yet to welcome you personally I kindly ask you to write me an email on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com prior your next stay with us.

Best regards from the whole team,

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Situated right next to its sister hotel (Holiday Inn), the Indigo provides a handy location to the buzz of Alexanderplatz.

The rooms are adequate size with an interesting decor throughout the hotel. I've stayed here many times on business and have pretty much been in rooms on each floor - all with something slightly different decor wise.

Unique chairs, funky / cool space saving desks you name it it has it !

Beds are comfy and in room climate controls mean you can set the temperature you like and achieve it.

Have always found the staff friendly and helpful. Always greeted with a smile and efficient service.

If this area of Berlin is convenient for your business or personal travels then this is certainly number 1 choice of places to stay. Bang for buck the Indigo outshines other options in the same star rating in the immediate area.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Spidey1978

Dear spidey1978,

it is always a pleasure having you at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and in the name of the whole team I thank your for your tripavisor review. We are proud to have you as our regular guest and we are very happy that you like the location, the service and the design of the hotel. We look forward to your next check-in !

Kind regards,

General Manger Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We left Hotel Indigo yesterday and had a brilliant 4 night stay. We arrived at 1pm and to our surprise our room was ready although check in is not until 3pm. The room was absolutely spotless and we loved the unique decor. The room was a very generous size for a city centre hotel although as we were out all day everyday the size did not concern us at all! The free WiFi was reliable and was of a high speed so we did not feel the need to upgrade. The breakfast was lovely and had plenty of choice. All of the staff we encountered were lovely and friendly.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I would definitely return if I visit Berlin again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank summerbaby92

Dear summerbaby92,

thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for writing such a great tripadvisor review. Is is just great that you have enjoyed your stay that much and I look forward sharing your comment with my team.

We hope that you will return to Berlin very soon and that Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz will be your choice again.

Best regards,