“Excellent Location and Great Service”

Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz
Ranked #62 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I just completed a week long stay at this location. I would strongly recommend this hotel for a number of reasons. First, the front-desk staff was exceptional. Check-in, questions about local sites, and check-out were all handled pleasantly and efficiently. Second, the location is fantastic, just a couple of minutes walk from the Alexanderplatz transport hub. Third, despite the central location, the hotel is very quiet. I had a courtyard facing room on the 7th floor and didn't experience a single episode of unwanted noise in the entire week's stay. This is obviously good for sleep quality. Fourth, the rooms were modern and clean with a spacious layout, good water pressure, etc. Finally, the restaurant breakfast was good. There was a little less selection and variety than I have had at some other Berlin hotels (Leonardo in particular), but the food quality was good.

My only complaint about the hotel was with the bar service. Our first night there, we stopped in to redeem coupons for free beers that we received with our stay and due to IHG status. We interacted with two servers, both of whom were extremely rude. They seemed to not want to bother with us redeeming the coupons. We also tried to engage them in conversation, but they weren't having it. On the last night of the stay, I returned to the bar for a drink and a snack. The server that evening was much friendlier.

All in all, despite the two rude bartenders, I would strongly recommend this hotel. It will be my first choice when I return to Berlin.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is up high facing the courtyard if you want a quiet night's sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tubson
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Tubson,

many thanks for your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your great review. I am delighted to read your remarks about the front-desk staff, the location and the room.

Thank you for your feedback about your hotel bar experience. I am sorry for the not very welcoming attitude of the barkeepers on your first night. I am glad that we have been able to make it up on your last evening and hope that this memory will remain.

Once again many thanks for your tripadvisor comment and for your recommendation. We look forward to your next check in at Hotel Indigo !!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Super good hotel with very helpful staff.
we have stayed there a few times and we will definitely come back.
The hotel is located almost at Alexanderplatz and it provides just the right Berlin-feeling. It is within short walking distance to both cozy areas and the major museums

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wulfsberg

Dear Wulfsberg,

it is always a pleasure having you here with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and I thank you for your loyalty. We are very happy that the location and the 'right Berlin-feeling' at Hotel Indigo has made you a regular guest. Please ask for me on your next stay with us, maybe we have the chance to say hello and have a coffee together.

Best regards from all of us at Hotel Indigo,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

we arrived really early and even though the room was supposed to be available after 15:00 they gave us the room right away.The cleaners did such a good job every day and the breakfast was truly amazing.the hotel staff were kind and helpful they gave us directions and recommendations at times.the location is SO good because it's very central and you have access to the tube and buses that go anywhere.

Room Tip: we used otel.com and found much cheaper rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JaseYorker

Dear JaseYorker,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your tripadvisor review. I am glad that you had such a good welcome at the hotel and that the rest of your stay has been a good one as well. Thank you for your praise to the front office and housekeeping staff that I will share with my team.
Berlin is a ever-changing city and there is still so much to do and to see. We hope Hotel Indigo will be your choice again on your next trip to Berlin !

Best regards from all of us at Hotel Indigo,

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a deluxe double room - it was lovely and a bit quirky which was great!
Perfect location for seeing Berlin, right beside a main-ish underground and train station.
Friendly staff who were multilingual. On check in you are given complimentary vouchers for 2 beers which was a nice touch.

It wasn't cheap but not ridiculous. The only negative was that the coffee machine in the room wasn't great.

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Edinburghdoc1

Dear Edinburghdoc1,

thanks a lot for your recent stay at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your tripadvisor review. I am glad to read your remarks about the location and the staff.
We have Tassimo coffee machines in all rooms. I know from first hand that they are not 100% self-explanatory if you are used to different coffee tabs machines. But the coffee tastes just great in my opinion. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team in case you experience any technical inconveniences. We are always happy to assist.

We look forward to your next stay with us !

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This hotel was recently redone, very cool design, comfortable rooms, terrific showers (large standing, good water pressure and temp), excellent king size bed.
3 min walk from Alexander Platz, train station, buss to Tegel (TXL) and underground.
Service at the front desk was just as good as the rooms.
We rented bicycles for 12Euro each, very good bikes, well maintained, much better than the city bikes.

Room Tip: rooms not facing west to avoid noise from the platz
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank AviD42

Dear AviD42,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for taking the time to write a tripadvisor comment. I am glad that you liked the design, the showers, the location and the service.

We would love to have you again at Hotel Indigo on your next Berlin trip.

Best regards from all of us,

General Manger Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Chose this hotel for a surprise weekend break for my husbands birthday. Hotel in a really good location by the tram line and a short walk away from the TV tower. Rooms finished to a really high standard and breakfast was delicious. Staff also very friendly and helpful. Went on the open top hop on hop off bus tour, which we found was a great way to get around. Would visit and stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor as they tend to be quieter and away from tram line.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JamesBecks

Dear JamesBecks,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for your excellent rating. I am very glad that the surprise weekend for your husband has been a success and that you had a good experience in Berlin and at Hotel Indigo.

We look forward to your next check in !

General Manager Dear Cecilia S,

it has been a pleasure having you here with us at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and in the name of the whole team I thank you for your five tripadvisor stars. We are very happy to read your remarks about the design, the service and the location and we hope that Hotel Indigo will be your choice again on your next visit to Berlin.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed at the property for four nights, and as this is my first stay at any Indigo property, I was pretty impressed by the brand and how amazing they are able to make small spaces work. The room was definitely not on a grand scale. In fact, there is barely any room to put your luggage! Nonetheless, it is nicely decorated and effective for a single person. I would imagine that the room will be way too cramped I there are two in the room.

Bedding was comfortable, but pillows were not firm enough to provide adequate neck support for a side sleeper like me. Also, as in most European hotels, duvet on a double bed means its two single duvets instead of one large queen sized one. Not exactly ideal for one who keeps tossing in his sleep.

The location and price point is a very strong selling point. I paid around 90
Euros a night (but there is a holiday inn in te same building as indigo) and though the property is not exactly at te footsteps of the U Bahn, that can be easily reached on foot in 5-10 min walk depending on your speed. There are also S Bahn available and the transport options makes it a breeze to commute around town. There airport bus also reached Alexanderplatz and you can walk to the hotel in say, 10-15 minutes.

Alexanderplatz has many grab and go food outlets and there's also a mall with a supermarket where you can grab necessities.

Major sighs like Museum Island are just 2 bus stops away (but don't walk cos 2 stops ain't that close) and the same bus, 100 and 200 will also bring you to Brandenburg Gate. If you want to explore West Berlin, especially KaDeWe department stall, the U Bahn will bring you there, but I think you need to change lines somewhere.

It's a great property reasonably priced and I will stay here again if I am in town and looking for a
Property in the Alexanderpltaz area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank GeraldSingapore

Dear GeraldSingapore,

many thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and for taking the time to write a tripadvisor review. I am very happy to read that your first stay at one an Hotel Indigo has been a good one and I hope that you will try out one of the other 15 european Hotel Indigo on your travels. I have also heard only good things about the Hotel Indigo in your hometown Hong Kong. Maybe you will have a drink there in the near future ?

Please contact me on your next stay with us on dirk.dreyer@hotelidnigoberlin.com as I always enjoy a chat with experienced travelers.

Kind regards,