“Beautiful, clean hotel”

Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz
Ranked #62 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Really nice, clean, trendy hotel in a great location. We stayed here for just one night but would definitely return. The hotel is located very close to Alexanderplatz with easy access to public transport, hop-on-hop-off tour busses and easy walking distance to all major tourist attractions. The staff here were very helpful, providing us with maps and advice for the city. We were given a voucher for a free glass of prosseco at the hotel bar which was a nice touch. The room had a theme and was very nice and clean, while a little on the small side it was big enough for two of us and was all we expect from a hotel room. The bed was large and very comfortable and provided a good nights sleep. The bathroom was very clean with a large shower with two options of shower heads, one from the front and one above and plenty of lovely smelling toiletries. The room had tea and coffee facilities and a minibar for use.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
AzureProperties, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Rowesy,

what a nice feedback!
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
It is a pleasure for us that you enjoyed your stay and we would love to welcome you back soon.

With kind regards,

Carsten Brabetz

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Berlin is a large city with lots of points of interest, so there are many options of where to stay. We enjoyed the location of Hotel Indigo just down the street from Alexanderplatz and easy access to public transportation. The hotel lobby and corridors were beautiful and even smelled of fresh flowers, so we were excited to see our room. As soon as we opened our door we were blasted with a toilet stench of sewage or sulfur or something nasty. Although the room was beautifully designed and clean, the smell did not go away for the entirety of our trip. We thought about asking to switch rooms but assumed the problem was not isolated to our bathroom. We did not spend a lot of time in the room, only to sleep, so we tried to ignore it. The only other thing that bothered us during our stay was housekeeping. Each morning the housekeeper opened our door without knocking while we were still in bed. A little inconsiderate. Besides those things we had a nice time. Berlin is very unique city worth exploring!

2  Thank psmeier
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear psmeier,

thank you very much for your feedback. I am more than happy to read that you liked the design and the atmosphere at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz.

After every guest departure our housekeeping staff is disassembling and cleaning the drain of the shower to guarantee 100% cleanliness of the sink. It must have happened that the reassembling of the drain has not been done accurate and leakproof. This fact can cause the smell. Fixing the sewer could have been done very easily and quickly by our team. It would have been good, if you would have contacted us during your stay. The problem could have been fixed and we would have been able to offer you a compensation for the inconvenience to make your stay extra special. I have talked to our housekeeping department to make sure this will not happen again. I have also spoken to them about your feedback of being disturbed by cleaners in the morning. Please accept our apologies for that.

Dear psmeier, I am sorry, that the situation has affected your memories on your Berlin stay. We would be very happy to welcome you again at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz on your next visit to Europe. You can contact me anytime on dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com.

Yours truly, Dirk Dreyer / General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 3 days during her birthday.this hotel was phenomenal. As Americans, I must admit we were slightly taken aback as the rooms are relatively small, but this is typical of European hotels. The service more than made up for the room size. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the city. And they gave my friend a beautiful birthday cake for her birthday, very thoughtful. fantastic deal on the price. Berlin was our second stop on our euro trip. we stayed in eight different cities and hotels This was by far the best. I can't recall his name, but the boy who worked the night shift, Andre?, was fantastic. Very professional and super nice!! Definitely recommend this hotel if you're staying in Berlin.

Room Tip: Higher floor, ask for a view of the square
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
AzureProperties, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear JulieZhy,

Thank you very much for staying with us and this awesome review.
I will forward your praise to Andrzej, which will please him very much and shows him that he is doing a good job.

We are looking forward to maybe welcome you back one day.

Kind regards,

Carsten.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is quite new and is 3 minutes from Alexander Platz, an easy walk from the S Bahn. The rooms were a reasonable size for a European city and nicely decorated but do miss a couple of tricks such as sacrificing space and storage for design. Staff were very helpful and the whole place looks smart, its not 5 star but its still very good. My main criticism of the hotel was that I emailed them 5 days before arriving requesting a room on an upper floor and have not received a reply to this day.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor as it can be noisy in the street and from the U bahn.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear MartinS39194S,

thank you very much for your review. We are amazed to read your feedback !
Please accept our apologies regarding the missing answer to your email request. We had some technical problems with the contact form on our homepage which are solved now. Please contact me on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com on your next stay.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I really liked staying at this hotel the last few days. As I write this I'm at a new hotel in a different city, but wish I could have brought Indigo with me. I always book hotels that in the $80-140 range for my wife and myself. Usually they are in older buildings and feel less posh than Indigo. I felt like I was getting a better hotel than I paid for!

Indigo feels new, is quite clean, and has a wonderful staff. The cheapest room available did not feel small to my wife and I. The decor is quite pleasant and the A/C brought the temp down to a comfortable level quite quickly. The front desk staff is helpful and friendly. I enjoyed grabbing a beer at the bar after touring the city, before going to dinner. The tall bartender with a shaved head was quite helpful and I appreciated chatting with him about Berlin and Deutsch. The hotel felt like home when I came back to it and I would most definitely stay there again!

1  Thank Eric M

Dear Eric M,

wow, what an amazing feedback !! Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your Hotel Indigo experience here on tripadvisor.com. Please come back to Alexanderplatz on your next Europe trip. Our two bald barkeepers Philipp and Dennis are awaiting you !

All the very best, Dirk Dreyer / General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I really liked this hotel and would definately stay there again. As others have said, it is in an excellent location. The hotel is very clean, well presented and decorated. I had no issue with the glass wall between the shower and room - but I was travelling alone so no one was watching! I too appreciated the free prosecco (!), unlimited landline international calls and the attitude of staff. the bar had a nice atmosphere. I didn't have the breakfast but went to a lovely cafe that was open weekdays. Can't fault this hotel. I was surprised to hear the comments re. things going missing from the room. Nothing went missing at all from my room and I found the housekeeping lady extreemly friendly. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor as the noise from the trams can be a bit distracting - but this is...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear bladesgirl15,

thank you very much for staying at Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz and letting the tripadvisor community know about your experience. We highly appreciate your great feedback - it will make us smile for the rest of the day !!

Hope to see you soon again in Berlin. Best regards, Dirk Dreyer / General Manager Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location to explore Berlin. Although after spending four nights there I feel like we barely touched the surface!
Alexanderplatz and the TV tower are about a 5 minute walk away. Many of the walking & cycling tours leave from there. I can recommend two; the Fat Tire cycling tour will give you an excellent overview of all the main tourist attractions in the city and the alternative berlin walking tour will show you the other side of Berlin - the non-touristy, gritty, 'real' Berlin.
There are also several public transport options leaving from Alexanderplatz which will get you anywhere you want to go in the city.
There are very few eating/ drinking options near the hotel. I would recommend walking (about 20 mins) over to the Mitte area where you can find great bars, cafes, restaurants as well some pretty decent fast-food/ take-away options.
My boyfriend and I ate in the hotel bar on our first night as we were tired after travelling. The food was pretty good (we had hamburgers) but I'd only use it for the same reason - you are too tired to walk anywhere else.
One night we grabbed some food from the supermarket and walked about 20 minutes to a nearby park and had a picnic which I'd recommend doing if the weather is right. When we went it was a warm Saturday evening and seemed to be the 'local' thing to do!
We didn't have the breakfast as it seems a bit expensive at 19 euros. We picked up filling sandwiches/ pastries and coffee down in Alexanderplatz for half that price for the two of us.
In terms of shopping there is a big galleria as well as another big shopping mall (with H&M, Zara etc) 5 mins away, down in Alexanderplatz. If you are looking for small boutique type shops walk over to the Mitte area for some really great shopping.
Now to the hotel itself. The room was great - very modern, exceptionally clean and a good size by European standards (I had no trouble opening my suitcase after re-arranging the furniture slightly). The most important thing to me in a hotel is clean, good quality towels and bed linen - white, of course! Hotel Indigo didn't let me down.
The only flaw in the room is the slightly see-through bathroom wall. While it is trendy, it is not practical. It wouldn't stop me from staying there again but it just meant my poor boyfriend had to sit still in one place on the bed whenever I used the toilet! Otherwise, the bathroom was excellent and had a great, powerful shower.
We were on the fourth floor on the street side and had no complaints about the noise from the street. You can hear the trams but not loudly; there is good air-con in the room so there is no need to open the window.
The fitness room is fantastic. The best I have used in any hotel actually. It has 3 treadmills, 2 cross trainers, a bike, free weights as well as a weights machine. All really good quality and...working!
We are travelling with a car which we could park on the street outside the hotel for 16 Euro per day. I believe there is an undercover garage a bit further away where you can park for 20 Euro per day.
A couple of small nitpicking points: The lifts in the hotel are a bit slow as they always seem to be in high demand by both guests and staff. I also had trouble working the TVs (both in our room and in the fitness room). My boyfriend managed to figure them out but maybe management could leave a set of instructions for us mere mortals.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
dirkdreyer, Manager at Hotel Indigo Berlin – Centre Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear KimberleyMD,

thank you for chosing Hotel Indigo Berlin - Alexanderplatz for your Berlin stay. I am delighted to read your feedback and I have to say, this is by far the longest and most detailed review we have ever received. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. Your feedback is very valuable to Berlin visitors and to us.

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay that much and that you liked our design and facilities. I will follow up on your note regarding the usability of the TV. As we offer free SKY TV channels and the guest information system on the screen there are some extra buttons to push. Nevertheless we will try to make the usage more easy.

Dear KimberlyMD, once again thank you very much for your 5 stars. Please contact me before your next stay with us on dirk.dreyer@hotelindigoberlin.com

All the very best