“Not what we expected”

Ranked #11 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Switzerland
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I think the expression "design hotel" is sometimes not used correctly; at least is it my opinion as far at the Hotel Q! is concerned. Odd shapes using cheap quality materials and a photo stuck to the ceiling is not what I call design. Add to that a shower room opened on the bedroom, dirty curtains, black marks on the walls, a general feeling of carelessness, a small room, and last but not least, one apple for two !! which I think is a bit stingy (unless there is a subliminal message of biblical nature there...) The only good points are 1) location, location : in a street perpendicular to Kurfürstendamm 2) the welcoming staff 3) the quietness of the street at night, guaranty of a good sleep. I do not think we will return to this hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Minite

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is just fantastic. The rooms are very creative fusing together the bedroom and the bathroom. If you are not interested in seeing your partner naked then I would not recomment their signature rooms as they offer little privacy, but for those who are comfortable with this arangement they are really fantastic regarding their design. Reception was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well appointed with a DJ playing soft music in the back ground. That was something new and original I have not seen in oter hotels. The location is great as well. Locaed right next to many shops and close to the metro station. I will stay here again on my next trip to Berlin.

1 Thank europealltheway
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Located in Charlottenberg, we found the hotel to be well situated for the s-bahn and access to the remainder of the city. Charlottenberg was great for a relaxed ambience, local bars and restaurants for breakfast, coffee and dinner.
In the hotel, the boutique feel was very much to our taste, while being very comfortable. The staff were really friendly and very helpful.
We intend to return to Berlin and are very likely to stay again at Hotel Q.

2 Thank vic1821
Antalya, Antalya, Turkey
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was in berlin for a meeting and i choosed Hotel Q - Berlin. We are also a design hotel that's why we choosed. I stayed 4 nights and everything is perfect. First day i was on the meeting and i called the reception for an immediate iron service. When i arrived to my room they were ready. I had a room which has bathtub and sink near at my bed. I like the idea. Room was silence and the bed is so comfortable. i slept really very good. Breakfast were not superb but better than normal. Not too much choices but delicious.:) On friday we watched championship at their bar. Bar has perfect anbiance and were so cool. service were amazing. Normally we were planning to go out but after sitting they changed our idea :)

Thank you Katarina (Reception), Thank you Eva (Sales Manager) and thank you Sabrina (Guest relation) my special :)

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Great friendly staff, clean rooms, only disappointment for me was that I couldn't enjoy a drink or snack in the bar as it was full of people puffing away on cigarettes and cigars.On Wednesday after the football when I entered the reception area it was very smokey and smelly. As you will have gathered i am a non smoker. had I known smoking was allowed in this hotel I would have steered clear.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Very nice hotel in the west area of Berlin. Near the main road and surrounded by many cafes and shops. Service is excellent and breakfast is wonderful with fruits, different kinds os bread, and a lot to eat. My first time in Berlin and I really enjoyed the atmosphere in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice and quiet. Prefer to stay in upper floors.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The hotel wants to be a fashionable, boutique hotel. The staff that welcomes you is very young, friendly and indeed with a special style. The design is also interesting, even if the red corridors look more like a death chamber or brothel, you can choose I think. I like the design of the rooms, but like many things in this hotel, they have a nice facade, but miss in the details. The bed, for example, is incredibly uncomfortable, and as other reviewers write, you are provided only with a small pillow. It was also quite complicated to go up from the bed, and due to the strange wooden frame I hurt my self a couple of time. The nice thing is the bathroom, stylish, comfortable, with a big shower, but again... no look for details! I got only a very small towel, nothing more to use after the shower. After complaining with the front desk they told me : "And what is the problem? You can just ask". And when I make them notice that for the price you pay you would expect to find towels in the room she again insisted that I need to ask if I want more. In the end she got convinced and I had plenty in my rooms for the days after. The breakfast was nice indeed, even if quite expensive. But this seems to be normal in Berlin.