“A Great Place to go for Anyone interested in Theatre”
Review of Berliner Ensemble

and up
Small-Group Berlin Segway Tour
Ranked #212 of 913 things to do in Berlin
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My dear friend, Anna, introduced me to this place as there was a performance of Hamlet in this very theatre. As soon as I entered its doors, I was amazed at how marvellous the interior was, especially when I went inside the theatre. Going into the production of Hamlet, it was very interesting in terms of costumes and staging. The costumes were gorgeous, yet the staging leaves a lot to be desired as there are moments where the scenery is almost non-existent. Though I could really see that the actors were having a wonderful time with their roles. I definitely enjoyed being here and I highly recommend any theatre-goer to this place a try.

1  Thank Antoni G

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Innovative regi and dynamic professionalism. A real top performance at one of the worlds top theatres. The Berliner Ensemble very seldom lets You Down, but this was high point. The perfomance was so forceful that much of the conservative segment of the Public left in the intermission. And the baroqe interior of the Place is always a study worth. The don't make them like this anymore!

1  Thank langvass
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was on the "Shakespeares Sonette". I've never been such amazed by any play! Theathre's staff were absolutely kind and helpful. People who came there for a play were also very nice, talkative and charming. I totally recommend this place because I truly loved it!

1  Thank Cinamo
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Many of important work from Bertolt Brecht are presented here from original to adaptation. Some work of Robert Wilson also played here by German theater actor and actress. We have time to watch "Die Dreigroschenoper" or the three penny opera and Lulu. It was nice and well played. Unfortunately this summer their seat booked on line is some how not working in our Ipad so we can not book the seat, we just come directly to the theater and only 11 euro tickets left, so mean that we will be in the balcony and on the last row ! :p but when we watch "LuLu" from here, the perspective was excellent :) compare to our last show when we buy 30 euro ticket :p. So for theater lovers this is well recommended theater and place to go!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Brilliant theatre dedicated to the works of Bertolt Brecht. Look out for his statue which sits alongside the building

1  Thank Stephanie L