3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
$337
Get rewarded with One Key
3,451 results
All reviews club level potsdamer platz luxury hotel concierge staff holocaust memorial amazing hotel lobby bar doorman rc sony renovation europe sights german
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at The Ritz Carlton in Berlin for a week

This was the Best service we ever had.
One word AMAZING !!!

The Staff and the Facilities were the Best ever.

We suggest take a week off head to Berlin Germany and Stay at the Ritz Carlton

You won’t regret it.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TomandJoannMiller
Reviewed August 8, 2019

I have stayed in several hotels in the RC group and service and the venue is of the highest standard. However I felt the Berlin just doesn’t come up to the top 5* standards of service I’ve come to expect. The first massage was missed through lack of communication as they outsource this service and the one I eventually received was less than average. Information of dining by guest service was poor also. The menu in the main restaurant was limited to local ‘fusion’ food with little choice and service was slow. Pool is tiny and they tried to compensate with a flow machine which for an average good swimmer is not strong enough. I was kept waiting at checkout preferred for a local guest maybe because he was a regular.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Tonythebedouin
ChRei-MH-RC, Guest Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear Tonythebedouin,

first of all, we would like to thank you very much for your honest review here on TripAdvisor.

I need to apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and we really appreciate your feedback.

We are very sorry that our property as well as our Ladies & Gentlemen did not meet your expectations. You can rest assured that we take your feedback very serious and that I will share your feedback with our team, to make sure that we are well trained in all segments.

Once again, please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced concerning the whole stay. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

We are looking forward to welcome you back one day to show you that The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin belongs to one of the best properties in Europe !

Best regards,

Denise
Guest Relations

Reviewed August 3, 2019

I had to bypass trip advisor. Of course they don't give you a way to discuss them. What is the Badgets.... do I need to be grateful for discountpoints... is my live depending on the misslead. I get "points" at ALDI. Will I

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank zbynekc2017
RCBerlin, Guest Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Dear zbynekc2017,

first of all, we would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your honest feedback with us here on TripAdvisor.

I do apologize that you have experienced inconveniences with us. May I kindly ask you to contact me directly with detailed information, so that I can rest assured that inconveniences like those won't happen again. You can rest assured that we want our costumers to feel comfortable at all times.

I am looking forward hearing from you.

Best regards,

Denise
Guest Recognition

Reviewed August 2, 2019

As Marriott Ambassador Elite guests we were upgraded to a junior suite which we were happy with. The junior suite sells for roughly 100 EUR more than the price of a standard room which is a decent upgrade, that said the entry level room is already quite large at 40 sq meters and the junior suite is not hugely different at 50 sq meters so even without an upgrade we would have been ok. We arrived around noon and unfortunately our room was not ready. As we waited near reception we were asked if we wanted a drink and we asked for water, I was shocked to find out afterwards the price was 12 EUR, exactly 10% of the price of daily Club Lounge access for a day - quite excessive. So it was not the best start having to wait and pay this price for water particularly since there are plenty of shops around, but we eventually got our room at 2pm.

Renovations at this hotel were a success in my opinion at least based on our room which looked good with new and excellent quality furniture throughout. Our room was at the far end of the corridor so quiet and no heavy foot traffic outside. We were not disturbed by noise at any time during our stay, also in part thanks to the thick doors. There was a large window near the living area and another one closer to the bed where the wall is at an angle. The bed was very comfortable and air conditioning strong. The bathroom is all marble and looks luxurious, the shower is a bit small but it has a dual rain shower and hand shower which you can operate at the same time, plus a convenient mirror. The toilet enclosure has a partially frosted glass door which you can see through – this was probably the only feature I did not like. For this reason it requires you to close the door of the entire bathroom when using the toilet and it defeats the purpose of having a door for the toilet to being with. Bathroom amenities were the standard Ritz Carlton Asprey Purple Water which we always enjoy. According to electronic temperature controls it looks like you can have heated floors in the bathroom which we did not need in July but definitely a plus in the winter.

You have the choice of having breakfast inside the restaurant or on the terrace outside. The seating arrangement inside is a bit tight and it was made worse by the hotel closing a section of tables near the entrance on the first day although later during our stay that section was open as the hotel was more fully booked. The breakfast buffet had standard western options of hot food including sausages, omelets, etc. They had smoked salmon and gravlax, both of which were good. For fruits it was fairly standard except they had passion fruit available which I was pleased with, but on one morning perhaps they ran out and there was none by the time we got there. You can also have free flow champagne although during our stay they changed it to sparkling wine when the hotel got busier.

The location of the hotel is very good as it is within walking distance of many tourist sites. You are also right in front of the Potsdamer Platz train station so no need to walk long distances to catch public transportation, however for some destinations it requires you to change train lines to access parts of the city so perhaps a slightly less convenient location than hotels near more major train stations, but quite good nonetheless.

Overall we had a very solid stay, this hotel has great hardware with nicely done renovations, free breakfast for elite guests, and suite upgrade, so I am not sure there is a whole lot more I could ask for. I could have gone to Waldorf Astoria instead thinking I would get breakfast there, but RC offers it to elite members too and it is less clear that I would have had a suite upgrade at Waldorf, even a modest one. RC does not give free Club Lounge access to elite guests, but on some trips if we want to pay for it, at least the lounge is available at RC to meet our needs, which is simply not a choice at WA; having a paying lounge is better than no lounge and guests are free to decide. So all in all we found RC to be good value and they found themselves new customers – we are likely to return to this hotel on our next visit to Berlin because without having visited WA it is hard to expect better than what we got at RC and we were pleased enough that I would possibly not shop around next time.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank WorldWideTravel88
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

It’s a wonderful hotel. Everything is brand new and shiny here. But there is a very serious problem with the management. Neither the front desk nor the concierge nor housekeeping is properly trained. They are all nice people but with very little training. There is no protocol that they need to follow. It’s all their common sense that is nowhere to be enough for a Ritz. Most of the staff is not service oriented.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank markbR4786TQ
RCBerlin, Club Lounge & Guest Recognition Coordinator at The Ritz-Carlton, Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Dear markbR4786TQ,

Please accept my apologies regarding the service experience you had with our ladies and gentlemen during your last stay with us.

Our highest mission is to provide you the finest personal service, genuine care and comfort; therefore, we thank you for your valuable feedback. Please be rest assured that I will share your comments with the respective department heads to take immediate action on this matter.

I look much forward to welcome you back in the near future and I stay at your disposition for any questions, inquiries or further comments.

Kind regards,