“O padrão de sempre”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brasília
“O padrão de sempre”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed 5 nights in Ritz Carlton Berlin last April. It´s all you can wait from a Ritz Carlton, excellent service, nice staff, comfortable rooms and bathrooms. The hotel is at Postdamer Platz, walking distance from the Sony Center, the Berlin Philharmonic and some Museums. Besides it has an excellent breakfast and Brunch and the Lounge Bar is always a nice place to have a drink before or after dinner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were fortunate enough to spend a week at the Ritz-Carlton Berlin, and perhaps the best compliment I can pay is to say that it had come to feel like home by the time we left. The staff was friendly and welcoming from the first, impeccably polite without the faintest hint of pretention. The hotel is itself rather stunning, set in a beautiful modern façade overlooking the bustle of Potsdamer Platz. It is a great location, easily placed for access to the U-Bahn, S-Bahn, and all the main parts of central Berlin. The hotel is itself brand new, gleaming with granite and marble and the most beautiful cherry woodwork; my one quibble is that the added opulence of gilding throughout the hotel was a bit much for me, but that is a matter of personal taste, and its added grandness did not detract from how lovely the space was.

The amenities are first rate, too. There is a lovely tea salon where English afternoon tea is served, and the Curtain Club bar boasts the best drinks I have had in the city. Retiring there in the evening became a nightly ritual. It’s quite fun, too, and not remotely stuffy for a five star hotel bar; the piano player in the evenings added a lot of atmosphere, and we inadvertently found ourselves drinking there one Saturday night past two in the morning without any conception of time passing at all. The restaurant is French inspired and very good, and I would heartily recommend the fantastic American breakfast buffet; if you are able to get it included in your rate, it is well worth a little extra expense.

The room was charming and very comfortable, ample storage space provided within gleaming cherry wood panelling. The marble bathroom was rather a dream with its crystal chandelier, twin sinks, separate toilet, tub and shower; the bed was extremely comfortable, and it was all impressively quiet—we never heard a sound from either our neighbours or the outside world, and felt we might as well have been the only guests at the hotel. A very pleasant place to stay indeed.

Add to this the charming, well-trained staff--amongst the best I have ever encountered--knowledgeable concierge (who provided some great restaurant recommendations, including a lovely Itailan restaurant just around the corner), and fantastic pool/spa area, and you are left with a hotel it would be hard to improve upon.
Considering the relatively good rates one can find compared to Ritz-Carltons in other capital cities—and the fact that this was probably the nicest and friendliest Ritz I have stayed in—it is a surprisingly good value, too. To my mind, this is without a doubt the place to stay in Berlin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Classy, beautiful, great prices. A group of us stayed at this hotel for a recent conference and we were blown away at the quality of this hotel. My colleague and I thought that it was one of the most beautiful hotels we had stayed in to date. We were amazed at the price too and how reasonable it was. The breakfast is out of this world. I can't say enough about this hotel! If we are ever in Berlin again, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Two nights last weekend (Main reason for the visit to Berlin was to see Mark Knopfler at the O2).
We were two couples, the other had actually booked the rooms in their name and they checked in several hours before us.
This made check-in a bit of a disaster. I gave my name and of course there was no record. I gave our friends name and again there was no record. I rang my friend who was already checked-in (and is German). There then followed a discussion and it was eventually sorted out. My friend had informed the previous check-in person of the situation but apparently, the message hadn't gotten through to this person.
Room was nice (if a little small for a Ritz Carlton) with very high quality fittings and awful view of the office block across the street (not complaining - just an observation!). Bed was comfortable but another niggle was the fact that in Germany, all double beds are made with two single duvets - My wife and I like to be together in bed not under separate bedding! Germans are obviously different. I rang Housekeeping and we got a lovely double duvet installed while we were out!
The final annoyance is really directed at the organisation by the hotel of the 150-strong party of Northern Irish conference attendees who were also staying for the weekend. There were so many of them, it was impossible to get a seat in the bar on Friday night and many of them were drunk and loud with some extremely offensive language. We went to the bar over the road and there were a load of them in there also!! I'm actually not complaining about these guys because it's bound to happen when there are so many in one place and the booze is free!
I really think a hotel with a brand of this reputation should be able to manage such an event without it impacting so much on other residents. They were everywhere most of our stay and check-out on Sunday morning was ridiculous with crowds of the party all trying to leave at the same time, sat on the main stairs and generally causing mayhem.
Fortunately, they left before we had our lunch in the French restaurant (Mother's Day Buffet) which was absolutely superb.
I can recommend this hotel but I advise anyone to check on what functions may be happening before booking!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

On a conference with well organised, comfortable and good service. I have a gripe in that bike hire as a touch expensive as was the Internet access for the rooms if I had to pay for it. Overall a very comfortable but slightly expensive. Great location, breakfast exceptional.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NoHassleToTheCastle
KSA
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have stayed for 5 nights at this marvelous and luxurious hotel. It was our first time in Berlin and for sure the Ritz made our trip unforgettable.
The luxurious trip started from the airport where the VIP pick up was awaiting at Tegel Airport.
We have reserved a guest room. The hotel provided a crib with amenities for the baby. The size was more than enough for two adults and our baby.
The hotel location is excellent, in front of the hotel is an access to the Potsdamer Platz station. Also, Sony center, cafes, restaurants , shopping mall were all within a close proximity from the hotel.
The breakfast was excellent and diverse. The staff are friends and specially very friends for our baby,
I would defiantly come to Ritz again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wexford
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just about the best Ritz property we have stayed at. Thoroughly professional. The concierge Carina is the best, most knowledgable and helpful we have every run across. The lounge is what you missed for being born too late.

• Stayed May 2013