“hotel youth”

A&O Berlin Friedrichshain
Ranked #227 of 357 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed March 27, 2013

despite my small complaint letter that I left at reception on the day of my departure, I have no answer or explanation, well, just someone had a working visit, I advice not take this hotel, especially at night in the corridor and even in your room you will listen to the sounds of one love, especially if your room next to the reception and parking, people talk all night with their bottle of beer .

Room Tip: I advise you not to accept the room next to the reception and parking, if not you people too much no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The fact that A and O is a hostel, it is sometimes very noisy.great breakfast but lunch and dinner are almost always the same everyday.what I liked about it is the location, within a walking distance from the Hauptbahnhof, makes moving around Berlin very easy.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Two of us stayed here in May 2012. We had a private twin room with private bathroom. It was basic but very clean and comfortable. Two single beds, wardrobe, mirror, desk and chair. Good shower and hairdryer. Cleaned daily. We didn't eat there so can't comment on breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's also in a good location - 5 mins walk to a tram station so all of Berlin is easily accessible. Would definitely stay here again as it's great for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Marike make my C/I and offer me an early CheckIn. All the Staff were very kind and helpful.
The room is very clean for a younghostel.
I appreciate the kitchen, the bar, the front office team.
I didn't like the housekeeper who came early in the morning in the room making nose but...

Good place, I recommand and I will return at this place!
Danke am ganzen Team

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great location, five minutes from a useful S-Bahn station and the area is full of bars and cafes so cannot fault that side of it. The dorm room was cheap but adequate, it had an en-suite which was useful. We were able to buy the last bed (we were a group of five in a six bed dorm) which made it a bit better.

The staff seemed a bit inexperienced. I had booked bedding (required separately) but when I checked in the staff seemed to want to charge me again even though I had paid in advance. Then they looked again and saw that I'd already paid.

The worst issue was that after check-out on the final morning the group put bags in the store room but when we returned two of the bags had obviously been opened and a Kindle was missing from one of them. OK so bags left at owner's risk etc. but it would not be difficult to make sure that a staff member is always available to accompany guests to the store room so thefts are avoided.

This left a bitter taste in the mouth after an otherwise very successful trip to Berlin.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hostel was easy to find, as it was signposted from the train station which is a central one with most of the different lines stopping there. Check-in was easy and quite quick. We stayed in a twin room which was clean and had a TV with BBC world news on. The en-suite was good with a a decent shower and hairdryer too. The staff were also really helpful with booking a taxi for us to the airport at 3am. We didn't use the hostel bar but it looked nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed five days and the room met all our expectations including a good breakfast. The service was above an expected level. Clost to the hostel you Can find a number of good cafees, shops and restaurants.00

• Stayed: July 2012