My girlfriend and daughter (from Hanover) and myself stayed at the Ramada Plaza city centre Thursday 18th July 2013 to 21st July 2013. We were due to stay in April but my daughter had a serious illness so we had to re-arrange.
We arrived by car and because it was after 7 we were able to park in the street right by the hotel till 9 the next morning.
Check in was really smooth and easy and the staff immediately were extremely polite. We were on the 5th floor but the lifts throughout the weekend were extremely quick and always available.
Entering the room my little daughter was so excited and we could not calm her down for at least 20 minutes, the room was so big with a really spacious bathroom and fantastic balcony.
This is the first hotel we have ever stayed in with our daughter and she was just so memorised.
During the weekend the staff at the hotel could not have been more helpful, Iron and Ironing board provided within 10 minutes, wireless internet key, provided free. Advice about the Gym and information about offers we may be able to receive.
Ice for our daughter provided, Razor and shaving cream given to us on request.
The breakfast was amazing and the choice was extremely wide ranging, the staff again were extremely helpful and always polite.
The hotel is situated 3 minutes walk from an underground station Güntzelstraße and if you walk about a mile up Bundesalle where the Badenshe crosses the road, you will find an Esso garage with lots of free parking in the middle of the road.
So a brilliant trip and a great hotel, but imagine my surprise when checking out that I was forced to pay 30 Euros for the change of date because of my daughters illness. When we made the changes we were not aware of this and when I questioned the hotel they said it was because the rooms would have been unavailable for someone else, but this is not true as when we arrived someone was making a cold call booking. I could not believe we have been charged this because our daughter became seriously ill, we gave the hotel plenty of notice and this charge is just wrong.
Plus we can not claim it back now on any insurance as it happened 4 months afterwards.
So what started as a wonderful stay in a fantastic hotel ended up, with me having a bad taste in my mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyperion Hotel Berlin offers you exclusive overnight accommodation in the heart of Berlin. Our rooms and suites are highly rated thanks to their elegant furnishings and enable you to relax after an event-packed day in the capital. Many of our rooms are equipped with their own balcony. \n\nYou can reach Tegel and Schönefeld airports by public transport or car within an hour. Our hotel is favoured by exhibition visitors because it is only a few kilometres from the Messe Berlin exhibition site. \n\nThis is easily accessible with its S-Bahn (city and suburban railway) connection to the Bahnhof Zoo railway station, which is located very close to our hotel. The hotel is an ideal base for exhibition visitors too - it is located just under 6 km from the Messe Berlin exhibition site. Use our hotel for your business or leisure trip and experience what is probably Europe’s most fascinating metropolis first-hand. Explore trendy districts like Berlin Mitte, Prenzlauer Berg or Kreuzberg. Discover art and culture at locations such as Museum Island, Checkpoint Charlie or Berlin Cathedral. \n\nRelax in our exclusively furnished rooms and suites with elegant, high-quality furniture, large, modern bathrooms and, in most cases, a balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyperion Hotel Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Berlin City Centre Hotel Berlin
- Ramada Plaza Berlin City Centre Hotel And Suites
- Ramada Berlin
- Berlin Ramada