“Excellent stay”

Berlin Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We've stayed at the Berlin Marriott Hotel for 4 nights.
Hotel's location is excellent - Potsdamer Platz, within a short walk from Brandenburg Gate, Unter-Den-Linden, Checkpoint Charlie and many more Berlin's attractions.
Our room was big, nicely decorated, convenient and very clean. Hotel's staff is very friendly and polite. Breakfast was excellent with fresh and tasty food.
Free Internet is offered just at the Lobby.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Superior Room, high floor with city view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear KligerSpatz,

Thank you for sharing your great experience! We are glad that you enjoyed our location and that you found our staff friendly and polite.

We are extremely thrilled to hear that you would highly recommend the Berlin Marriott Hotel.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

First the good news, It is located at a very central location. It is new and the amenities are just fine. Especially the workout room and the pool. Now the bad news, it is unbearably hot. We had two rooms at the hotel and none of us got a good night sleep. The air conditioning was not strong enough to cool down the room. The air is off till you check in and stick the card to turn on electricity in the room. We checked in at about 2:00 pm in June and it never got comfortable. We basically switched from Ritz Carlton next door because of the air conditioning problem and it got worse. Stay away from both of them at least in the summer months.

Also, there was chocolate dipped strawberries in one of the rooms that were so old they were rancid. I do not know why only in one room and not the other and quite frankly I don't think it was intended for us. May be for someone that was supposed to be checking in at least a week earlier. By the way, there was no one to help with the luggage when we checked in and the check in took about 30 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SFShawn
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear SFShawn,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our central location as well as our Health Club.

I was disappointed to read that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and particularly regarding your room on this occasion. I would like to assured you that the issues you have mentioned have been addressed. I do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly on at.your.service@marriotthotels.com when you are travelling to Berlin next as I would personally like to look after your reservation for you and ensure you have a very enjoyable and comfortable stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

You get what you pay for here: service is good, room service is efficient, breakfast is excellent (fruit smoothies!), there is a parking if you arrive by car (although good parking skills required - places are rather narrow), the location is central, the rooms are big enough and well equipped. The only thing for a picky customer to complain about would be the reservation system of Marriott.com, which does not seem to transfer all the requests to the hotel, so I had to repeat all my requests again at the reception (eg. one bed instead of two beds, a bed for a child etc.). I wouldn't complain about it in the Hostel Waka-Waka in Far-Far Away, but a Marriott should be perfect, shouldn't it?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear kubunio,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the hotel's facilities and especially the breakfast.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to the Berlin Marriott Hotel during your next trip to the heart of Germany.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our family of four began our 2 week holiday with a stay at the Berlin Marriott. The hotel was clean, the staff very courteous, and the room was excellent. The room was much larger than many European rooms we have used. Great exercise facilities, pool and saunas on the ground floor! Nice restaurant which we did not try, but always had plenty of patrons.

Location was fantastic and within walking distance of most of the East Berlin historical sites, Brandenburg Gate, Tiergarten, and many restaurants. Train station was right next door so easy to use as a base for exploring other areas of the city as well! Would HIGHLY recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street as they are much more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear gogators8993,

What an amazing review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing the Berlin Marriott Hotel for your holidays. It is fantastic to read how much you enjoyed your stay. We have shared your comments with our team and they were all very proud.

Thank you again and I hope it won’t be long until we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great pillows, comfy big bed, good sized rooms. Bathrooms big and very clean. Ice machines along the corridor. Restaurant is outrageously expensive for the quality of the food
Located just off Potsdammer Platz so convenient for transport and some restaurants but the area is fairly soulless and dull with little character. If you're interested in taking the round Berlin bus tour there's a stop a short walk from the hotel. Taxis wait outside the hotel so it's easy getting around if you need one.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear minerva14,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Berlin! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your rooms and all of the amenities with it.

Regarding our prices of the Restaurant Midtown- Grill: we are using regional and high-quality products to keep our standards. That is the reason why they have a higher price level. But I can recommend our Lobby and Catwalk Bar with delicious snacks and menus.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I booked 3 nights in this hotel. I was with my newborn baby and I arrived there at 9:00 AM. I knew that the check in is 2:00 PM but I just decided to stay in the lobby for some coffee. However, the very nice lady in the reception just showed up and says " I can give you the room right now because you have a baby and you probably both need it" I really respected her behaviour. I haven't tried their breakfast. However, I ordered it " breakfast in room" very outstanding one. I highly recommend the hotel for quit and nice stay.

Stayed: June 2014
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Hanin S,

Wow! Thank you for the 5 star rating and awesome comments about our staff! I am so glad you enjoyed your In Room Dining breakfast and that you were able to check in early.

I would like to recommend trying our Catwalk Bar with the best cocktails in town.

We hope you choose the Berlin Marriott Hotel for your next trip!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed two nights at the hotel. The location is probably the best in Berlin, a few steps to Potsdamer platz with all communications and a few step in the other direction you find Brandenburg Gate.
You will find the staff friendly and any question you have they kindly answer. We stayed on the 9 floor and at that level there is very little noise from the street. The room was large and modern with everything you can need for a couple of days.
I'm member of Marriott Rewards and have access to the executive lounge - in this hotel that access was a disappointment. The lounge was overbooked and there was not enough with staff to server the high amount of guests. My recommendation to the hotel is to make sure the number of guest with executive access meet the size of the room and the service.
With that remark I anyhow strong recommend the hotel if you are visiting Berlin.

Room Tip: A room high up - the hotel have 10 etage. I also prefer to stay away from the elevator that can give...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
BerlinMarriott, Manager at Berlin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear zuune,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed our central location in the heart of the city.

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced with the noise and the size of our Executive Lounge. Rest assured that we will certainly use your feedback as a tool to improve the services that we provide.

We would love to have you back with us in the near future and look forward to seeing you again.