“This place was perfect.”
Review of Lokal

Lokal
Ranked #124 of 8,445 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
“This place was perfect.”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This was exactly what I was looking for. The one semi-nice place I went to dinner in Berlin when visiting with my best friend. Met and exceeded my expectations. Also, I flipping loved our waitress. She sat down right next to us and said "let's hang out while i translate all of this in english." If I ever go back, I will make sure to have dinner here again. Oh also, it was 11 PM and we got a table without a reservation. No pressure, no fuss.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Very good one!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

You need to book to go to this restaurant or maybe wait for a long time but trust me you will not be disappointed.
Quantity and Quality assured.

• Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic food, disappointed in ambiance”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Easily the best meal I had in Berlin. Still dreaming about the risotto, which was flavourful, with fresh crisp vegetables. You can see why this restaurants is considered to have some of the best food in the city.

Disappointed in the service and ambiance though. We were a bit urged to place our orders, and then it took forever for the food to come. Plus I didn't feel the restaurants created much of an atmosphere or ambiance. It didn't feel like it had very much in the way of character.

London
“Laid back, trendy and a great ambience”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Painted white walls with wooden tables and young trendy staff so it's very unstuffy with a lively atmosphere. The waitress was really efficient and very friendly without being over the top.
The menu had lots of game and river fish with root vegetables, so it seemed very different to the typical restaurant menu in England.
I loved it but my wife doesn't really like game or fish such as pike, so she struggled with it. If you're ok with that sort of food, I would strongly recommend it.
I can't remember the exact bill but it seemed very reasonable and good value for money.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tony M
London, United Kingdom
“Nouveau-German food, delicious and unexpected”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

People often think that German food isn't up to much. How wrong they are. This gem in the heart of low-key but stylish Mitte delivers on taste, décor and originality. It's new-German food, with the German approach of local, "bio" (organic to you and me) and smart. The menu is small but varied with a good selection of fish, meat and veggie dishes. And very reasonable, too. £30 for 2 people (2 mains and a dessert with drinks). The menu often changes but is in keeping with the seasons but still nods towards traditional German food.

Staff are friendly and helpful. The menu is only in German but they were happy to translate it all. Once thing I would say, however, is service is a little on the slow side and you can often be forgotten about, so prepare to wave and smile and make yourself seen!