“Friendly vibe and good food”
Review of Lokal

Lokal
Ranked #126 of 8,388 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mitte
London
“Friendly vibe and good food”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Lokal has a very good atmosphere - nice mix of local Berliners and tourists and really helpful staff - very accommodating. I wandered in oblivious to how popular this place is and they managed to find me a little table. The food tastes good- simple menu and good sauces in particular. Nice wine selection with a good German bias, and good dessert.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Zaanstad
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We managed to get a reservation for 6 during a very busy time in Berlin and had a great night! Menu is short (which is a good thing as you can only do so many things good), with some classics twisted into the here and now. The schweinekotellet (pork chop was great and even served medium - as it should be, but hardly ever is). The veggies still have a bite and taste, wine good and schnapps superb!
Pitty they ran out of desserts, but isn't that the best marketing ever!!

Houston, TX
“Modern twist on classics, nice service”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I had such a good time at this restaurant yesterday. I went in sola around 9 o'clock and got a seat at the bar for dinner.

I am a tartare fan and ordered steak tartare and a glass of wine. Yum! It was pricer than many spots in Mitte, but worth it. I'm sorry that a previous poster was ill, but I think it is unfair to blame this busy restaurant which is turning out so much food so well. I feel quite sure that the possible food poisoning was caused by food consumed elsewhere.

When you're seated, 3 slices of nice bread are served with a little glass pot of herb butter, which was flavorful and a clever presentation.

Tartare: the portion is quite small. I've ordered this dish in many places and it's the tiniest portion I've received. However, in line with other dishes I saw and what I've read, it's served at Lokal with a "twist." Rather than classic meat with perhaps salt, pepper, Dijon and maybe an egg in a typical portion size, it's maybe a 2" little cube size, accompanied by braised oxtail (then fried, I think?) and lovely mini salad greens, a sweet onion marmalade type condiment, the crunch of a slice of fresh veggie...a party on a plate!

I ordered a glass of an Italian red. Be aware that wine is served in 3 sizes by the glass. I mistakenly thought I was receiving the €4 glass but it was an €8 pour, which I saw at the end. Not a complaint, just something to know to ask for, if you'd like the small (4 ounce, I'm guessing) pour and tab. The tartare + one wine was around €20.

Service at the bar was friendly, funny and efficient.

Highly recommend Lokal and I know I'll return this week.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Yum”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great atmosphere, good wine, wonderful food. Obviously very popular and can see why. Be sure to book.

Visited February 2014
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Rather disappointed”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Went to Lokal after reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor. We were rather disappointed. The ambiance is good, and the staff is nice. The food, however, is crap. Half of my food was undercooked: the potatoes were more suitable for a round of golf than for eating. And the semi-raw chicken was a health hazard. It's a miracle I didn't get sick. With so many options for dinner in Berlin I would say: just skip this place.