“Great Greek food in a wonderful setting”
Review of Taverna Dimokritos

Taverna Dimokritos
Ranked #1,666 of 8,396 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Berlin, Germany
“Great Greek food in a wonderful setting”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I love this restaurant. You can sit outside which is quite nice or you can eat inside which has wonderful charm and character - you feel like you are sitting in a family restaurant in Greece. The service is great and the food is very good. I have been to this restaurant three times and the problem is there are two things that I like so much I always have to order them so I never get to try other things and they have a pretty good large menu of options. Those two things are the baked feta appetizer and the meat with a brandy cream sauce - it is to die for!! Each entree comes with a small tasty salad. They serve you a small glass of ouzo when you sit down. It is wise to make a reservation as it gets busy. We are so glad that this restaurant is in our neighborhood!! Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank philo04

• Greek first
Perth, Australia
“Sensational Greek food”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We went there on a Saturday night around 10 and it was very full. Found the last table and then my girlfriend decided to order the Dimokritos plate plus a feta saganaki. We were surprised when a huge plate of salad arrived and she asked the waiter, in Greek, was this our order. Yes he replied, part if it! So much food! We did well to knock off 80% of it I thought. The meat was sensational. If you love great Greek food then this is the place in Berlin for you.

Visited April 2013