“Great value, good buzz, nice food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Vietnam Village
Ranked #560 of 8,231 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Prenzlauer Berg
“Great value, good buzz, nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a buzzy Vietnamese restaurant on Oderberger St. The food is good, not very authentic but tasty and really good value. I would agree with others that u only need a main course as the servings are huge.

Visited September 2013

tucson
“Great vietnamese in a hopping location on Oderburger Strasse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have eaten there twice and both times we loved it. The food, the beer, the service, the location! They have lots of outdoor seating and are usually pretty crowded, but they are very efficient and the food is excellent with lots of dishes to choose from.

Visited August 2013
“Village folk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I’ll get to the point - the food here is incredibility good value. It was right on the doorstep of our apartment on Oderberger Strasse, a trendy quarter of the east which has become gentrified as a result of some significant investment in the areas beautiful late 19 century buildings - which survived both the war and annexing - and line the street like narrow iced wedding cakes.
We had starters of soup and spring rolls with an extra starter to share, as we’d been on the hoof all day sightseeing. The quality was really good throughout the meal, and excelled with the generous portions of the main attraction. Duck for me and Chicken and noodles for my wife. The atmosphere was really buzzy as it was a warm summer evening, and the young and the trendy folk wanted to eat and drink outside in the bon homie glow of dusk.
A dessert each, two beers each, and all of the above for under 30 euros! I checked the bill to ensure a mistake hadn’t occurred - nope it hadn’t.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Europe
“Good option for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

There are so many Vietnamese restaurants in Berlin that it would have been a pity not to have eaten at one. The Vietnam Village's food doesn't seem authentic, but it was good and really cheap. I would skip the appetizers (soup and the summer rolls) and just order a main. The cocktails are also pretty good and fresh.

Nice setting and quick service.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Decent Vietnamese with great value, portions & setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

There's so many options in this area for food it can be a little overwhelming but amongst them this restaurant is a pretty decent choice. My family was visiting for a wedding and we were staying in a hotel nearby wanting to have a easy choice locally for dinner. I read the reviews (thank you!) about this place and we set off.

The best thing about this restaurant is that it won't break the budget. The meals are a good price and the portion size is decent. I probably could've done with just the main meal. Most of the mains come with rice and salad in the price already which isn't always the case with Asian restaurants and so you get a well balanced meal. I had vietnamese roll starter which I had never tried before and was pleasantly surprised by (note it is a cold starter though, but they do have hot spring rolls). I had duck curry with rice and salad which was really delicious. There is a wide choice of dishes although a lot of their meals are put on the menu as spicy but they're quite happy to mild them out for you if you wish.

On my visit I found the staff to be very nice. The staff are vietnamese which makes this place very authentic and maybe why some of the staff are more shy as they weren't so confident with English. I don't speak German but there was no problem really in ordering in English and there were English menus available here which made life a lot easier. One of the waiters happily chatted to us and told us more about the dishes and recommended. I found they were really patient with us and there was no rush to leave whilst we were there. More pictures at http://www.foodspotting.com/places/189451-vietnam-village-berlin/latest

The atmosphere I found was lovely. There's indoor and outdoor seating and when we went at the end of June both were comfortable options. We went for indoor in the end which had some nice pictures inside of Vietnamese scenes. One thing, this restaurant is one of these more modern designed with bench seating. So if you're looking for a romantic setting with table and chairs this may not be the place. It is however I think fantastic for big groups going for a meal if you're in this area.

When we finished our meal we were excited to tell our cousin (also visiting) about this place. She is a vegetarian and does find it hard to find options when she's abroad (and usually gets a lot of pizza). This place has quite a few veg choices and they're interesting too. One of our party had a vegetarian vietnamese roll and a mango/veg curry dish which we'd never come across before.

Advantages: Good value, good price, authentic vietnamese, veg options, spicy food options, indoor & outdoor seating, English menus available
Disadvantages: Not central to main town of Berlin.

Best for: large groups of friends
But also good for: family with not so young children, business, solo

Would go again and agreed by our whole group. :) Thank you.

• Visited June 2013