“The highlight of our stay in Berlin!”

Heidi Leyton's Tours of Berlin
Ranked #7 of 242 Shopping in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: From luxury private tours for discerning clients to educational bus tours for college groups, Heidi's Leyton's private tours bring out the vibrant culture of Berlin past and present. She is sure to help make the most of your precious time in the city.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Heidi was an incredible tour guide!! She planned the perfect 4 hour tour that not only kept me on the "edge of my seat," but also entertained and educated my 11 year old daughter! Her dog Daisy and the little stops for snacks were the "icing on the cake!" I wish I had a Heidi in every city in Europe I visit!! A "must" and 100% worth the investment!! In addition, Heidi was a pleasure to work with in organizing the trip before we arrived. Moreover, I enjoyed her sparkling personality, enthusiasm, knowledge and presence!

2  Thank MarniBattista
There are newer reviews for Heidi Leyton's Tours of Berlin

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were fortunate enough to have Heidi as our tour guide for two (2) half-day (4.5 hours) tours. She is so well-versed in the history of Berlin, the history of WWII, the Jewish community, the people. We did a walking tour - just the two of us and Heidi - which was fascinating and tiring. We covered so much territory and information. Our afternoons were spent, on our own, going back to some of the sites such as monuments and museums. Heidi is knowledgeable, professional, and a pleasure to be with. She can tailor the tour to your specific interests/needs - walking tour, tour with transportation, museums, architecture, Jewish perspective, backpackers, retirees, etc.

1  Thank betsbebe
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Heidi provided my wife and me a wonderful introduction to Berlin during a lone day tour on our first day ever there. She knows the people and their way of life well. She loves sharing her knowledge with others. We were particularly impressed with her understanding of the history and role of the Jewish community - past, present and future- in Berlin. She is also a pleasure to talk to and walk with. Thank you Heidi.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was lucky enough to go on two seperate tours with Heidi in June 2012.
The first she took a group of us (3 people) out to Potsdam and showed us around the area and town. Really inspiring and energetic tour and a great way to spend a day checking out a really fascinating town.
The second tour was a 1 on 1, around Berlin focused on the Cold War history of this amazing city. Between zip lining East Germans, abandoned train stations and beer tastings I have to say it remains the best tour I've ever had the chance to go on.
If you have the time and you're in Berlin, look this lady up. She is amazing.

1  Thank SeanF88
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had to stay one night in Berlin in between 2 flights on my way back home to Canada a few weeks ago. Not knowing if Berlin was safe for a women walking around the City at night (I love walking!), I decided to look around for a night tour. Well I was lucky! Because I found Heidi.
We walked around for more then 3 hours seeing a lot of Berlin's touristic "greatest hits".
I really enjoyed her company. She is funny and knows so much about the history of Berlin that I felt like I was visiting a City with a very dear and old friend.
It was also great because Heidi obviously can adapt her tour to whatever you want to see and hear about.
We talked about music, theater and architecture... I recommend her very much! It is not often that a woman travelling alone can feel like she is at home in a strange town. So all I can hope, is that I can return some day to see more of Berlin on her other circuits... And get a chance to meet Daisy this time! (her wonderful dog that can do the tours with her sometimes). I highly recommend that you write and book her!!!

1  Thank Claire A