“Good hotel in a great location”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Ranked #426 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Trento, Italy
“Good hotel in a great location”
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel kind of last minute for a business trip. I made my reservation through Booking.com and the price (149 Euro for 1 night, breakfast included) was very good compared with other hotels In the same area. My room was pretty big, with a very confortable bed, a wide bathroom with two sinks a big shower, and - even though I booked very late - I had a wonderful view on the river. Wifi is free and good quality.

The personnel was very nice, and the receptionist took me personally to my room and gave me basic info about the hotel services on the way, something which does not occur very often nowadays ... The check-in / check-out process was very fast and smooth.

Last but not least, I had a great breakfast(it's not a buffet service, but the food and its presentation were extremely scenographic). I had no chances to try the spa and wellness center, but I hope I'll have another chance soon.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank pb_trento

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my staying at this hotel.
good position, very nice view out of the window, very good cleaning service, good price-quality rapport. you can definitely get a good sleep since the rooms are quite isolated between them.
I think they might improve the service if they were to include the breakfast in the cost and if they were to fix the internet connection that wasn't very stable.
I didn't like very much the furniture and the yellow walls but that's a personal taste.
I haven't tried the spa services but I saw several people who did.
I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Italian-lilla
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed September 29, 2012

i stayed there 5 years ago at september 2007. i had a room that pointed the street but few more euro's a night you can get a room that points the river - it's worth it for the romantic atmosphere.
tha location is very good near Oranienburger street that becomes full of activity at the weekend.
the hotel offered us a pair of bicycles free of charge to wonder the city.
the train station is just across the bridge and it's a short ride to all the main places in berlin.
located at the mitte - it offers many activities around.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Assaf S
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent hotel in the center of Berlin.

We rented bicycles for Euro10 rer day and this has to be the easiest way to get around in Berlin (the underground line was cut during our stay - right in front of the hotel). We had to walk to any of the adjacent undergrounds. This was no major problem though.

Very close to the museum district with access to the north south train lines.

My wife recommends the massage and when she returned looked like the cat that found the local milk supply......

Room Tip: Ask for air conditioning in summer - not all rooms have it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank deon-keyser
Dortmund, Germany
Reviewed July 15, 2012

It is a very nice clean and friendly hotel. Breakfast was good! The eployee give you a lot of usefull information about what to see and do in Berlin! U-Bahn station Friedrichstrasse is 2 minutes away from the hotel. It is in the heart of Berlin. Around the Hotel are a lot of shopping options. I love this hotel!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Manfred G
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here comfortably for seven nights during summer, although the room did get a bit stuffy without airconditioning. However, cleaners always opened the window to let some air in and there was also a small desk fan on the table that helped. I barely heard any street noise when the window was closed, and never heard a peep or even a slamming door from other guests, even though the hotel was supposedly fully booked - a rarity!

Our room was very large and so was our bathroom, which had a separate bath and shower. We joked that the bathroom was almost as big as some of the other hotel rooms we have stayed in! However, there weren't any free powerpoints in the room for guests, only ones already in use by lamps, so you had to make a choice between charging your laptop or light. The free WiFi didn't work the first night of our stay, but after it was looked at the following day it worked well for the rest of our stay.

The key system was very outdated; we were given one key to our room, and this key also had to be used to enter via the backdoor after midnight, to unlock the door to the stairs and lift, and then again to get into the hotel corridor to get to your room. This is no problem, but when we were out sightseeing and one of us wanted to head back early, we couldn't! The other one would've been locked out. Also, the only way to lock your door from inside the room is by using the key - so if only one person goes out, you must either lock the other person in the room (not very safe in case of emergency!) or leave the door unlocked.

Staff were very formal and polite, but were not very helpful. If we asked them a question about anything other than the hotel, such as attractions, restaurants, laundry etc., their response was always "that service is not offered by the hotel and therefore I do not know".

The breakfast in the adjoining cafe was usually very good, and it was a pleasant change choosing something from a menu and paying a very reasonably price for it, rather than paying for a buffet breakfast. The location was fantastic and within walking distance to all the major attractions and plenty of nice restaurants. Even though there is both a U-Bahn and an S-Bahn close by, we did not use public transport once during our stay.

I think that the standard rooms are quite reasonably priced. I would have loved to get a spa treatment too while I was here, but there is nothing on their treatment list under 90 euros.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sara_mynx
Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Really enjoyed stay in this boutique hotel. We had a room with river view. The location was excellent as we're the staff who were very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com