“A Hotel that can cook”

Fabisch
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Except for 5 star Hotels, the rule of thumb in Germany with hotel restaurants is: dont go there (consumers behave accordingly) . Here is the exception. The food is local, the food is bio- or similar. The food is delicious. The execution is excellent and even the room is quite presentable. Have been several times, most recently for the Spargel (white asparagus). Much better and much more treasonably priced than many stand alone restaurants (everyone serves asparagus in season). The wine list, while quite focussed , seems well chosen and reasonably priced. The cakes are quite good and overall this is pleasant place to be with an unbelievably quiet garden on this busy busy corner to enjoy warm summer nights. Insofar as there are any, this is Berlin.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Arrived here with a booking. The menu offered a good variety. The food was good but the service was very slow. The waiter was very apologetic stating that they were not expecting the large crowd that had arrived. There was a lovely atmosphere and the restaurant was well decorated.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We visited Berlin for a weeks stay at the Mani hotel around the corner. We first entered the Circus Hotel simply for a drink on the first night of out stay. The cocktails are €8. The staff were very friendly and I loved the cosy and relaxed atmosphere. It was family friendly too. On the final night of our stay we decided to order food and came back for our 3rd visit. I had the veggie option which was pasta shells with spinach and cream cheese. My boyfriend had the steak. Mine was delicious and I heard no complaints from my boyfriend who is steak crazy. I simply had to finish it off with a cheesecake and that was amazing. In comparison to the other Berlin restaurants I think this was reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast here is outstanding - delicious array of mueslis, fruit salad, cheeses, cold meats, fresh (still warm!) breads and yogurts. Absolutely delicious and the buffet is only €8. Be careful to speak to them every day and sign at the end of each meal as on one day, I said that I was only going to have muesli but was charged for the buffet anyway (which was not refunded as we had made the mistake of not viewing and signing the receipt). We also had dinner here during our time at the Circus Hotel - dinner is warming, organic German food. Quite tasty but a little expensive for Berlin. Lovely, cosy atmosphere and beautifully decorated - we enjoyed all our meals here!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

It's the Circus Hotel's restaurant, but worth a visit if you are in the area, and the area itself is worth a visit.

The food is light German fare : made with top quality organic ingredients. The desserts are wonderful. The wines good and good value .Try the Max White : it's a silly name for a really good Franconia wine. The Zweigelt is (for me) the pick of the reds. The service is young, friendly,multilingual and efficient.