“Predictably Good”

Neighborhood: Mitte
Miami Beach, Florida
“Predictably Good”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Previously, to eat a tasty, reasonably priced piece of fish anywhere in Mitte, you would have to... well, get in a cab or car or on a bike or maybe even the S Bahn and leave Mitte.

This Bistro is a dream - it executes all the standards with admirable consistency, It is bright, aesthetic and clearly a kitchen led enterprise. The daily specials are well selected. The standards (Croque Monsieur et al) are delicious. The breakfast things on the Weekend are also quite good. Not cheap, but more than fairly priced. Like Berlin it is no nonsense. The customer base is mixed, not too hip but hip enough (a reflection of Mitte being all grown up now).

• Visited March 2013

• Czech first
Bucharest, Romania
“Very pleasant experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been only once to this restaurant while on a short visit to Berlin and I had one of the best fish courses I have ever tasted (from the menu of the day). The price was extremely reasonable for the quality of the food. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

• Visited October 2012
Berlin, Germany
“Rude restaurant manager; what a shame.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Despite the fact that we are (were) affectionate clients of this bistrot and do enjoy their food, I feel I have to advise other potential visitors who are not used to a certain...let's call it "German bluntness" (!) that the restaurant manager, or the guy who sometimes seems to be in charge of the service, can be rude and dismissive in his ways and body language. That may easily ruin the experience, which is a real shame, given the quality of the food served.

My husband, a friend of ours' and myself popped by without having a reservation; well aware that it can be difficult to get a table, my husband approached one of the waitresses with an apologetic smile and asked her if there would be any chance of a table getting free soon. This lovely girl smiled and told us she'd try to accomodate our request: there was one extremity of a big table already occupied by other guests that was still free. As soon as the waitress approached her manager to confirm whether he was ok with the solution, his body language and annoyed head-shaking job made clear that we were not welcome. It is completely acceptable to walk over to your guests and apologise for not being able to accomodate their requests. It is NOT acceptable to be such a drama queen in front of guests and make clear they are unwanted. Hello? Anybody home? We are the clients, not the other way round!!!

So we left and found a table next door, at Bandol's, which belongs to the same owner, but offers MUCH better customer service.

Adieu, 3 Minutes sur Mer.

Berlin, Germany
“A real bistro in Berlin!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had a great dinner at this place, waiters that does their job properly, a proper working team in the kitchen ( we saw them!), and very well-prepared food!
Fish and meat, all good, they know what they are doing!
Its on the very edge for getting five stars from me, but I still cant accept that a modern restaurant doesnt accept a credit card, thats full five star customer service. The rest - all good! Ill be back!

• Visited June 2012
Berlin, Germany
“Excellent food, friendly service and cool ambiance! What more can you ask for?”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Being a fan of "Bandol" - 3 Minutes' big brother next door - I was very curious to try this new restaurant. My friend and I were immediately impressed by the friendliness of the staff (unusual for Berlin, unfortunately). I very much liked the cool but still relaxed brasserie-like atmosphere too. Lively even mid-week.

Great wine choice, excellent food quality. I tried their delicious fois gras and their daily special, which was lamb served with pumpkin and mash. Really good. The tart tatine served with a scoop of lemon ice cream was delicious too, and I'm not a great fan of desserts.

Prices are very acceptable, considering the quality and service. We spent €65 each including drinks and tip. Worth every penny if you enjoy good food.

Highly recommended!!