“Tiny restaurant but big heart”
Review of Centolire

Centolire
Ranked #231 of 9,192 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had truffle pasta, and I have to say it is not that impressive, although my friend loved it. Tiramisu is phenomenal though. What I like about this place is the owner, a very chaotic man who talks with his whole body. His charms definitely defines the character of the restaurant.

2  Thank CultureMove-dot-com

Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife wanted a bloody Mary but they had no tomato juice.We next tried a vodka martini but they had no ice and no olives! They went out to buy ice but failed! I was amazed to be told that they did not have a freezer and needed to buy in ice when needed. I asked for a Bourbon but I may as well have been speaking martian! I looked at the range of drinks in the bar and it was paltry. Having run restaurants in London I explained to our waiter, alcohol does not go off unlike food, so keep in stock a bottle of Jack Daniels, a bottle of Pernod etc. Fortunately, the food and service was good but considering that a restaurant makes more money on booze than food, they should get their act together in that department.

4  Thank Stephen_Jeffries
Reviewed May 21, 2014

There are only a few tables so booking would be recommended. Friendly, welcoming and attentive staff. Relaxed and happy atmosphere. Relatively small menu (on a chalk-board) but something to suit everyone. Dishes were full of flavour, fresh and very tasty - a great representation of real Italian food.

2  Thank mgf2012
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We came to 'Centolire' on Trip Advisor's reviews. We left it speachless !!
I cannot praise 'Moreno' and his staff enough. 'Moreno' asked us for our choice .. we asked for his recommendation - and he provided us with a superb meal - portions that I could not complete.
To cap it all, he Morono sat with us and we had a wonderful, very entertaining conversation.
Very impressed!

3  Thank Ron M
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Finally we were able to get the reservation to the restaurant. Upon the arrival, the owner was warm and welcoming us. We literally just let him take charge on ordering the food. Started with house appetizer. Delicious!! Then we had the lobster with linguine. That's to die for. We saw our next table had the angel hair with black truffle sauce. We ordered and split that plate. Yummy. The owner even poured us a nice red wine to accompany with the dish. To say the least, we were happy and absolutely left this place with full tummy. The food was impeccable and simple home cooked Italian. Yummy!! Thanks for the great experience.

3  Thank darienlim