“The Moreno Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Last week I visited Centolire. From start to end I enjoyed my stay there! I would call it "the Moreno experience". Excellent atmosphere and good food & wine.

1  Thank Jos v

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I read some of the great reviews on this restaurant and I must say they e are all well deserved! It's a small cozy place and Moreno, the owner, is adorable. He bends over backward to make sure we were satisfied. I started with a "vitello tonnato" (Roast Veal with tuna sauce) which was probably one of the best I ever had and continued with "linguine alle vongole" (pasta with clams) which were just perfect. By the way, I'm Italian from Rome and when I'm traveling it is quite difficult to find an Italian restaurant which can please me. All the staff of Centolire is Italian and it was very friendly and attentive to our every need.

2  Thank WorldofMike
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were 7 people, 4 adults and 3 teenagers visiting Centolire Saturday February 1. We were celebrating my daughters 18th birthday. We let the chef compose our appetizer. The food and wine (Barbaresco) were amazing and the atmosphere was just perfect. The chef made fantastic food and we had one of our best restaurant experiences ever Ü
Remember to book a table. It is a small restaurant.

2  Thank knubjr
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our family of 6 decided to make a reservation at Centolire after a full day of touring Berlin. We were greeted upon arrival with friendly and welcoming smiles. The service was excellent, the wine and food perfect, and the tiramisu the best we've tasted. The staff then provided a nice after-dinner shot of grappa. They willingly accommodated our children's request for pesto pasta when it wasn't on the menu as well as substituting or adding various ingredients to other dishes. We felt like we were with family more than just at a restaurant. We plan to go there anytime we are in Berlin. As the restaurant is small, we highly recommend calling to make a reservation!

2  Thank TLKim6
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The restaurant is centrally located, although in a kind of otherwise dull area, near potsdamer platz. It is run by Italians and all the people working there are Italians. The kitchen is open which lets you sneak peak the cooker. The food is excellent, we had pasta mista and gnocchi and it was really cooked al dente and very well flavoured. The staff is very friendly. They have a nice wine menu although a bit pricy. Its one of the most authentic Italian places in Berlin and still humble - most of the "fashionable" Italian joints in berlin are always full and have unfriendly staff.

1  Thank Ines V