“Good value”

ONE80 Hostels Berlin
Ranked #25 of 358 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a pretty good hostel. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, although not very spaceous. The staff is friendly, there's a good bar/ lounge area, and (free) wifi is working even in the rooms (well, at least in our room). Overall, this is a good hostel. Do note that most people in this hostel are in Berlin to party, so don't be suprised to run into drunk people all the time:) As to the location of the hostel, it is very close to Alexanderplatz, maybe not the most interesting area of Berlin, but still pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
AzureProperties, Guest Relations Manager at ONE80 Hostels Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hello Schaapblater,

Thanks a lot for leaving a review! We're glad you enjoyed most aspects of your stay at ONE80° but we're always striving to improve so your words will certainly help us along the way.

Look forward to hosting you again soon :)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here as a group of 11 on a Stag trip. Whilst we weren't in the market for top notch accommodation, we wanted somewhere clean and tidy.

I've never stayed in a hostel before so didn't really know what to expect. However, i was pleasantly surprised how good the facilities where. Honestly, if the room had a double bed in it rather than bunk beds, then it could pass for a modern 3star hotel.

For the money, you really can't fault it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Hello draowbn,

I think I remember your stag group :) we're super glad to hear we pleasantly surprised you with our facilities. We aim to be the best that a hostel can be so zhanks a lot for the positive review! And pass on all the best to the future groom in your party.

Until we meet again :)

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are great - even if you don't have your bathroom inside your room, you have a sink and a mirror, which is great. There are bunks under the beds and also lockers that you don't have to pay extra money. The bathroom is really clean and the shower is awesome. The breakfast is awesomely served and tasty, but you have to pay extra €4,90. Overall, an awesome hostel - fun to stay, great reception and couches to chill out downstairs.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Carolinads
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was the first hotel I have stayed at, I was surprised with how clean and new the rooms were. The hostel is centrally located right by Alexanderplatz. which made it very easy to go see sites.
The happy hour each day and the breakfast were bonuses!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Hello JAC6077,

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The happy hour and breakfast buffet will still be running strong the next time you're up for a visit :) don't leave it too long :)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Spent 3nights in the hostel and to say its was [--] is a literal statement.

Firstly I entered the room to find a used condom on our smoke alarm just hanging there like it was nothing. Then I could smell a very strange smell on my bed. I went down to complain that we had a used condom and a funny smell coming from our room and was told that we could change but would need to leave the room and wait.
I went back up to our room to discuss it with my
family to discover after looking at the bed closer that I had a massive pooh stain on my bed which was fresh from the smell, that had just been covered with a plastic sheet. I immediately flipped out as this as never EVER happened to me. The lady at the desk was ever so nice and helpful, We were moved to a 6 bed room but the sheets still smelt weird.

Personally I will NEVER be going back there. But i would recommend it if your going to berlin for a weekend bender and need something cheap and central. It has a bar and club downstairs and seems fun.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank lilihumps
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hostel for 6 days and at the end of my stay I didn´t wanted to leave! The hostel is very clean, the beds are comfortable and the staff is very helpful. The location is superb - everything is basically around the corner. The only thing I didn´t like that much was that the internet connection did not always work on Apple devices. But I will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Stayed in a 4-bedroom dorm with facilities inside the room --> loved it
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Jutonia,

Wow. Thanks a lot for the positive review and for recommending us! We're so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at ONE80° so much. We're working on updating our Wifi system so you should hopefully have nada problems when you next return :)

Take care & all the best, your ONE80° Berlin Team.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My biggest interest was - how such a big hostel can keep it all organized? In my stay they here I found that out from very many aspects, but the connecting point is great and professional staff! That goes for - nice people in reception and bar/restaurant/breakfast buffet, keeping up with the cleaning (ladies really nice and polite when I bumped onto them in the room), as well as connections and extra services they offer. Every guest is valued whatever the purpose of the trip might be. Good job!

Room Tip: Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with included facilities - great choice if you want to feel like in a hotel w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna_Hawk
AzureProperties, Leiter Gästebetreuung at ONE80 Hostels Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Anna_Hawk,
thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay :)
Looking forward to have you stay with us again.
Kind Regards,