“Clean, cheap, well located”

ONE80 Hostels Berlin
Ranked #25 of 360 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was the first hotel I have stayed at, I was surprised with how clean and new the rooms were. The hostel is centrally located right by Alexanderplatz. which made it very easy to go see sites.
The happy hour each day and the breakfast were bonuses!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
AzureProperties, Guest Relations Manager at ONE80 Hostels Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hello JAC6077,

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The happy hour and breakfast buffet will still be running strong the next time you're up for a visit :) don't leave it too long :)

All the best, your ONE80° Berlin Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Spent 3nights in the hostel and to say its was [--] is a literal statement.

Firstly I entered the room to find a used condom on our smoke alarm just hanging there like it was nothing. Then I could smell a very strange smell on my bed. I went down to complain that we had a used condom and a funny smell coming from our room and was told that we could change but would need to leave the room and wait.
I went back up to our room to discuss it with my
family to discover after looking at the bed closer that I had a massive pooh stain on my bed which was fresh from the smell, that had just been covered with a plastic sheet. I immediately flipped out as this as never EVER happened to me. The lady at the desk was ever so nice and helpful, We were moved to a 6 bed room but the sheets still smelt weird.

Personally I will NEVER be going back there. But i would recommend it if your going to berlin for a weekend bender and need something cheap and central. It has a bar and club downstairs and seems fun.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank lilihumps
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hostel for 6 days and at the end of my stay I didn´t wanted to leave! The hostel is very clean, the beds are comfortable and the staff is very helpful. The location is superb - everything is basically around the corner. The only thing I didn´t like that much was that the internet connection did not always work on Apple devices. But I will definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: Stayed in a 4-bedroom dorm with facilities inside the room --> loved it

Hello Jutonia,

Wow. Thanks a lot for the positive review and for recommending us! We're so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at ONE80° so much. We're working on updating our Wifi system so you should hopefully have nada problems when you next return :)

Take care & all the best, your ONE80° Berlin Team.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My biggest interest was - how such a big hostel can keep it all organized? In my stay they here I found that out from very many aspects, but the connecting point is great and professional staff! That goes for - nice people in reception and bar/restaurant/breakfast buffet, keeping up with the cleaning (ladies really nice and polite when I bumped onto them in the room), as well as connections and extra services they offer. Every guest is valued whatever the purpose of the trip might be. Good job!

Room Tip: Stayed in a 4 bed dorm with included facilities - great choice if you want to feel like in a hotel w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anna_Hawk
AzureProperties, Leiter Gästebetreuung at ONE80 Hostels Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Anna_Hawk,
thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay :)
Looking forward to have you stay with us again.
ONE80° Hostel - Berlin

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wasn't sure what I would get for the cheap price I was paying but on arrival I was very impressed with the standard of the place. Everything very clean and well kept, staff very friendly and helpful, buy one get one free drinks at happy hour 6-7, comfortable and warm rooms, very good security using electronic keys to get not only into the rooms but also just to access the lift. Lots of secure storage in the dorm rooms for all your stuff. Individual plug sockets, shelf and lamp for each bunk. This was the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in I would love to go back and stay there again.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, all the rooms are kept to a high standard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sam C,
thanx very much for your kind words!
Looking forward to have you stay with us again :)

ONE80° Hostel

Reviewed January 21, 2013

A friend and I asked for a room directly in the place (didn't book it online) because some friends were staying there too (7th floor, and everything was quite fine in their stay). The thing is that they got a room separate form us, and we got sent to an ensuite 6 bed-room on the 4th floor. During the first night my friend and I got horribly bitten by bed bugs (and by horribly, I mean HORRIBLY). My eye got really swollen and couldn't open it for at least a day. We had to get up in the middle of night to ask for a room change, and well, we got it.

The staff really helped us an apologized (even giving us free breakfast for the next two days), but I would never say it was worth it. After being bitten I checked some reviews online, and at least found one or two about people being bitten. My friend and I got a 6 bed-room for ourselves for the next nights (isolation mode maybe?), but it was too late.

We talked to a manager and she said they would check the situation, but I still would advise you to avoid the 4th floor, specially room 489.

Overall, apart from an angry (day shift) receptionist, the hostel has a pretty good looking building and comfortable beds. It is cheap and located near Alexanderplatz. I would have totally recommended it if it wasn't for this reason.

3  Thank denilopezlopez

Dear Denilopezlopez,

we are very sorry for this incident and hope that your eye is back to its regular size. Your opinion is very valuable for us and we would like to make it up to you a bit more. If you are intested than please send me an email: stella@one80hostels.com
We reassure you that we immediately took care of the situation and worked out preventive arrangements.

It would be lovely to have you stay with us again.

ONE80° Hostel Berlin

Reviewed January 11, 2013

One80 is a great Hostel. I would definately stay there again and would recommend to everybody that wants a cheap place to stay that is located close to anything of importance. I stayed in a 4 bed ensuite room. It was really clean and of a decent size. The bar downstairs was good, drinks seemed to be cheap but you don't realise how much you pay when you are tipsy LOL

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends