“Quiet location and close to Potsdamer platz”

Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz
Ranked #58 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Quiet location and close to Potsdamer platz”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Do not be confused by the address of this hotel - it is not at Potsdamer Platz but is within a 10 minute walk. My wife and I stayed here on a 2 day break in Berlin and had booked to go to a concert at the Tempodrom which is on the opposite side of the road. This is the reason we chose this hotel. When we checked in we went to the room assigned to us and there was someone asleep in the bed - this was at about 4.30pm so we were assigned to another room. On check in we were given a voucher which offered 10% discount on all food and drink in the restaurant. However, it was not until we checked out that we were told it did not apply to breakfast!! The rooms are very comfortable and everything is quite new. There were very few people staying there but there was no obvious reason why. It is certainly good value for money and is close to a number of major attractions without being in a busy part of the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear DerekParsons,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us some valuable feedback on your stay in our House.

I am glad that you had overall a pleasant stay and hopefully, you were able to realx a little bit during your Berlin break.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused to you and for the misunderstanding regarding the voucher. I will talk to the respective departments to make sure that this won't happen again.

It would be our pleasure to have you back as or guests.

Kind regards,

Holger König

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I recently traveled to multiple countries which involved staying in hotels, I would like to express my gratitude for the service rendered by this hotel, professional staff and helpful with all requests, nice rooms and location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Mr. Fadi K,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com!

My team and I would like to express our gratitude for your wonderful comments.

It would be our pleasure to have you back as our guests.

Warm regards from Berlin,

Southampton
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel was very clean and comfortable but the bed was quite hard in our deluxe room. It’s in a remote location and it’s not very close to any shops, bars or restaurants so it took us about 10 minutes to walk to Potsdamer Platz. It was also about a 10-minute walk to Checkpoint Charlie. The Breakfast was good and the hotel staff were very friendly. Free WiFi was only available in the reception area. Overall the hotel was good value but if we go to Berlin again we would probably stay somewhere nearer to the centre of Berlin.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cmwicks9
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mr. cmwicks9,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay in our hotel.

We are happy about your words of praise and I will forward your kind comments to my team.

Unfortunately, you were not convinced by our location. We hope that we will still welcome you as our guests again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Recently stayed here for 4 night break in December. Staff very courteous and helpful with all requests. The room was very nice and great value. Great location, within 10 mins walking distance of Potsdamer Platz and 30 mins from other main attractions like Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag. Not much atmosphere in hotel bar the night we had a drink there but didn't really spend much time there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Andrew L,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com.

I am glad that you enjoyed the time in Berlin and in our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Although not that close to Potsdamer Platz (but within walking distance) the hotel is in a very nice neighborhood close to two different transit stations. Staff is very friendly, rooms are really nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dicksan
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Dicksan,

First of all, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

It was a pleasure to read your comments and my team and I look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards from Berlin,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stopped in Berlin on a layover and booked into the Wyndham Grand near the Potsdamer Platz. The hotel was well worth the money we paid, but the atmosphere, for my taste, was a bit austere. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Best of all it is located within walking distance of some of the major attractions of the Cold War reality of a divided Berlin. We saw remnants of the wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Brandenburg gate and the Reichstag, all in close proximity to each other. They are a 5 minute cab ride and a half hour walk from the hotel. This is a good location for a quick trip to Berlin

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MargaretL377
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Ms. MargaretL377,

I would like to thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.com.

It has been a pleasure to read about your stay and it seems as if you have seen a lot of our great city.

I hope that you will be back in the future and we would be happy to welcome you again in our premises.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel is one stop to Potsdamer Platz and the Sony Center. There is an underground about one block from the hotel. As we walked from the station, it was a little scary because there was a lot of debris around on the walk from the station. There were broken bottles and even a tank shirt and underwear on the side walk on the side from the hotel. This was near a park area. We stayed three nights, and on the third day, the area had been cleaned. There was graffiti on the block of the building. However, there is a lot of graffiti in Berlin. The walk to the hotel from the station, there was a building near or next to it that appeared to be vacant. I found a great deal on one of the internet booking sites for the Wyndham, and I told my German friend, I did not know what had I gotten us into. But when we turned the corner, we saw an elegant hotel. The lobby was spacious and the staff was friendly. The room was clean and spacious. The bathroom had a separate shower next to it and a nice bathing tub. We explored the Christmas markets, and saw two movies at the Sony Center. We had previously stayed at the Mandala Hotel across from the Sony Center, but found the Wyndham Grand Berlin Potsdamer Platz a better value and experience.
We bought day transit tickets. When we returned to the room, we were both exhausted, and I decided to take a hot bath to relaxed, because of the long day.
The only suggestion I have would be to have at least one more grab bar near the bathtub. I had a hard time getting out, and I either cracked or severely bruised my right rib area, as a result. My friend had to assist getting me out of the tub. I am 59 years of age, but I am mobile. I just think that another grab bar around the tub would be helpful, because the population is aging. I would recommend to older guests that they do not take a bath, but to just use the shower. The shower is great in itself, and the bathroom and the room is well designed. I would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DRJINX,

I hope that you had a very merry Christmas! Thank you for your review that you were so kind to share with us on Tripadvisor.com.

I enjoyed reading your comments very much and I am happy that you had overall a pleasant stay.

Usually the surroundings of the hotel are clean, so I regret very much that you were a little disappointed the first time you approached our hotel.

Moreover, I appreciate very much your suggestion regarding the grab bar, which we will definitely note. I am very sorry that you hurt yourself.

Dear DRJINX, we hope that your travels will bring you back to Berlin and to the Wyndham Grand Berlin Potsdamer Platz.