“Free wifi only in lobby, pretty rooms, good transport links”

Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz
Ranked #57 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
“Free wifi only in lobby, pretty rooms, good transport links”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The room was very pretty, air con amazing and quiet, staff friendly, rooms seem v sound proofed as heard no noise at all and great transport links. There's nothing really on the doorstep and it's not the nicest setting but the transport links are great!! Esp for going to kottbusser, gorlitzer area in kreuzberg to go out to eat, see the street art and go to all the interesting shops n bars.

WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Zoey B,

thank you very much for your stay at the Wyndham Grand Berlin Potsdamer Platz. I hope you had a good trip home.

I appreciate that you took the time to share your valuable feedback with us and it has been a great pleasure to read your positive review.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind regards from Berlin,

Holger König

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Wyndham Grand is a very well thought out hotel for business travellers and holidaymakers.

The rooms are very well appointed, the staff are friendly, although when when had an issue with a broken safe in the room it took them a day to fix as they didn't have the relevant staff on at the weekend.

There is a quiet bar, and the hotel is ideal as a home away from home in the city.

The location is good, although despite the name it's a ten/fifteen minute walk away from Potsdamer Platz itself. The rates are good value for what you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear globalgirl30,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Wyndham Grand Berlin Potsdamer Platz and for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor.

With regret I read that it was not possible to fix the safe faster. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused and I assure you this won't happen again.

I am very happy that you liked our House and my team and I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Moscow
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Location: The hotel is very close to S-bahn station, which brings you to the very center in 5 minutes. By foot, however, it takes about 20 minutes to reach Postdamer Platz. The surroundings are very quiet and safe.
Room: The room was new and comfortable with very modern bathroom and large bed.
Breakfast: It was very tasty and with great choice of food. The service was very fast.
Internet: Free fast wi-fi in the room.
Parking: No special parking, but there are free parking places on a street nearby.
Check-in/out: Fast and friendly.
Overall: Good modern hotel. Location maybe not perfect, but as the hotel is five steps away from the metro, its not a very big problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nikolay P
Dear Mr. Nikolay P.,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Wyndham Grand Berlin Potsdamer Platz and for sharing your experiences in our House with us on Tripadvisor.

It was a joy to read your review and I was especially delighted to hear that you were happy with your room and our service.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again in the future as our guest.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We (international participants) had a one day meeting in Berlin and we chose the Wyndham Grand Berlin Potsdamer Platz. The staff was super nice and kind, the meeting room itself was one of the nicest I've ever been to. The room was arranged exactly for our needs, treating us with tasty drinks and sweets.

I recommend anyone who wants to enjoy Berlin for either a short period or a long one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Tzviko,

thank you very much for staying at the Wyndham Grand Berlin Potsdamer Platz and thank you for sharing your valuabel review with us.

It was a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay and a successful meeting in our House.

I will share your very kind words with my team, who will appreciate them as much as I do.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future as our guest.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Nice and modern hotel, interesting location conveniently located in Postdamer Platz. The hotel is situated on a quiet street, a short walk distance from train and bus stop. We stayed for two nights, the breakfast was delightful and the service very courteous and professional. The room was very clean, equipped with mini fridge, and the shower is very nice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear dreamer063,

thank you very much for the kind words! I will definitely pass them on to my team.

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay!

We look forward to your next stay at our hotel.

Best wishes,

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Brand new hotel with nice bathroom and superb rain shower, excellent value for money. Upon check-in we were waiting for our room, but overall great experience . Room was brand new and nice furnished. Rain shower was just great. WIFI worked without problems. Walking distance to Potsdamer Platz. Lobby is big and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nesiie
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Nesiie,

my team and I thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your feedback with us.

I appreciate your kind words and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Best wishes from Berlin,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is a great hotel if you are looking for a nice, newer clean room with great free internet and (if you get the correct room) a great breakfast included. It is very new and in fact still under construction in some places, but the hotel did a great job of keeping things quiet. If you are looking for a place that is just that - quiet and tucked away from everything else this is your hotel. However, its location could barely be described as "Potsdamer Platz". It is closer to the Anholter Banhoff S-Bahn station, so not even really closest walking distance to Potsdamer Platz U-Bahn. I agree with previous accounts that describe the staff as robotic and cold. All the information about the hotel is listed on the internet TV in the room and was a pain in the [--] to navigate. No hard copy of this information in the room. This was frustrating, but I guess I understand trying to save trees. It just meant that I didn't even think of ordering room service or anything else because the internet TV was such a pain to get information through. Also, they advertized laundry services (but this should not be confused with coin-op laundry services. They will wash and dry (or dryclean) your clothes to the price of 6Euro per shirt. Also, they advertised that they had voltage converters available free of charge. I asked every day (7 days) I was there and although they said they "had me on a list", there was never one available. Never an apology for anything, just "sorry, none are available". So after a few days I just bought one of my own for about 5Euro from the Saurn (electronic store) in Potsdamer Platz. In addition, the lobby and especially the areas around the elevators always smelled like smoke. I'm thinking there is some smoking area in close relationship to the elevator shafts.

I would say if you are looking to be around Checkpoint Charlie, or Potsdamer Platz, there are MANY more convenient places. If you are looking to be within a 10-20 min walk from these places and prefer quiet and out of the way, I would say this is your hotel. The concierge was very helpful and helped us get the "welcome card" which is a great deal if you are planning on doing lots of traveling by U-or S-Bahn and also wanting to see some sites/museums. The concierge can get all of this for you right there... but I assume this would be the same at any hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WyndhamGrandBerlinPP, Manager at Crowne Plaza Berlin - Potsdamer Platz, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Briedi G,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you had problems with the TV navigation. Our Chief Engineer and I discussed this issue and he will definitely take a look at the TV's to ensure that it is easy and quick to navigate through the program.

Moreover, I made sure that we have enough voltage converters. I am very sorry that you went to buy your own, because we didn't have any available at that point of time.

Nonetheless, it is great to hear that our concierge could help you with your wishes.

I hope to welcome you again in the future!

Best wishes,