“Berlin”

Swissotel Berlin
Ranked #40 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated. The staff was extremely helpful. The hotel was very full and it was important to go to breakfast early to avoid the queues and sitting in the back hall but the food was nice and tasty and it was included in the room price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Eeyore707
Write a ReviewReviews (3,074)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel is very well located directly at the Kurfürstendamm. From there you have very good possibilities to go everywhere by public transport.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. When you stay there it’s worth to sign up to the Swissotel Circle on their webpage. It will provide you free Internet in your room and not only in the lobby.

Room Tip: When you stay there it’s worth to sign up to the Swissotel Circle on their webpage. It will provide...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I agree that the hotel isn't the most beautiful in the city and the mattress was very hard but I liked it. Due to my back problems I had a very good sleep and I do like the unintrusive interior design - very practical. Every employee I came across was very polite and helpful - they gone out of their way to make our stay pleasant. The location is ok, right on Kudamm the old centre of West-Berlin with a good link to public transport. Our room was not overlooking the street and therefore quiet and we had a weekend rate incl. breakfast which absolute value for money.

Room Tip: Our room was 8022 not facing the street, therefore quiet with twin beds
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have had many five star hotels in nicer rooms, for me it's been a normal room

Sleep comfort was very good, however the

The breakfast buffet was OK but not anything special, the waffles that I got were almost burned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The positives...

-My room was ready after landing in Berlin at 7 a.m. from the U.S. This was a huge plus and made my stay in Berlin even more enjoyable. When I checked out, the hotel was very busy and I saw other guests who arrived early and their room was also available.

- Good location right on Kurfurstendamm (the famous shopping area). It's short metro ride to all the major sites. I was also able to very easily take the 109 bus (stop: Kurfurstendamm) from the airport to the hotel.

- The room and bathroom were quite large (especially by European standards) and very clean. Overall, it was quite comfortable.

- Breakfast was quite tasty and included a variety of options.

The negatives...

- Internet in your room is not complimentary and it's very expensive. It is available for free in the lobby.

- The provided pillows are terrible! When you put your head on the pillow it flattens so much that you might as well sleep with no pillow. One night I called the desk because I heard the Swissotel is supposed to have a pillow menu and maybe I could get something a little firmer. I find out there's supposed to be a pillow menu by the bed, which was not the case in my room. The woman I spoke to could not tell me what pillows were available and said she would check and call back. After an hour and no call, I gave up and decided to go to sleep with the flat pillow. Right after I fell asleep the lady decides to call back and wakes me up! She does not even apologize. I was horrified. When I told the hotel at checkout, they again did not apologize. My room should have had a pillow menu if that's what the hotel is about. When it didn't and I contacted them, they should have quickly brought me another pillow. When they weren't able to do this, they should have had the courtesy to apologize.

On top of the pillow drama - I woke up congested and with puffy eyes because the room only had down feather pillows. Enough on the pillows... they were a negative five stars.

The bottom line...

If your visiting Berlin as a tourist, I would recommend staying closer to the main sites.

• Stayed: July 2013
SwissotelBerlin, Director of Sales at Swissotel Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear TravelGirl543
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are more than sorry to hear that you were interrupted in your sleep, did not become the right pillow and that we have not apologized. I hope that during your stay you felt that this is not our standard or usual procedure. We assure you that we have taken your feedback very serious and that we will talk to our Front-Office colleagues in order to avoid such situation for the future. All the best from Berlin, Your Swissôtel Berlin Team

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here on a long weekend in June. Situated in a very safe part of Ku'damm this hotel is a tranquil space away from the busy shopping streets below. Excellent transport links to all of Berlin, near to the top rated Berlin zoo, shopping on the doorstep, good quality restaurants and the tier garden (park) only 5 to 10 mins away on foot.
Top tips are the terrace for breakfast (head left inside restaurant to find door), free iPods from reception if you want to chill out in the very comfortable power nap lounge (day beds).
A top quality hotel for those wishing to stay in the West central side of Berlin.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Phil_Burch
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'm just getting around to reviews but wanted to remark on our stay at the Swissotel in Berlin. We stayed in a wonderful room here that included a huge breakfast each day. The hotel is close to the Zoo, shopping and restaurants. The hotel staff are extremely helpful in getting whatever you need. The hotel had all the touches of home for us (being American) except for the beds which were far more comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family