“Excellent service, comfortable clean hotel!”

Mercure Hotel Berlin Mitte
Ranked #88 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
west midlands
“Excellent service, comfortable clean hotel!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We recently stayed here with two other couples for a long weekend. Check in was a really pleasant experience, we were dealt with efficiently by a really friendly receptionist and able to check in a couple of hours before we thought we would be able to - bonus! Our room was overlooking the small courtyard area and was fabulous. Much bigger than we were expecting, spotlessly clean and everything we needed, hair dryer, tv, tea and coffee making facilities and an enormous bed. I was surprised that there were two separate quilts on the bed, one each, but this was such a revelation I'm considering it at home.. No more wrestling it off the hubby in the middle of the night ;) Breakfast seemed expensive at €16 each, but WOW what a breakfast.. There was everything you could think of... A fab selection of cooked goods for hubby, bacon, sausage etc, and the most amazing selection of fresh fruits, fresh yogurts, nuts, seeds and cereals for me, along with a selection of breads, cheeses, cooked meats, smoked salmon, salad, juices.....mmmmmmm! And on Sunday morning there was sparkling wine too, so in our opinion well worth the money. The hotel is superbly located around 15 minutes walk from Potsdamer platz where you can hop on the tour bus, we got tickets from the hotel reception, and it's valid for 2 days. Also, it's literally a hop, skip and a jump to the U Bahn station, and again we got tickets from the hotel reception, with a tremendous amount of help and advice from hotel staff regarding routes and best value tickets. All in all we had an excellent time in Berlin, a lovely stay at mercure mitte and would happily recommend this hotel to anyone wanting friendly, helpful staff, convenience and serious value for money.

Room Tip: Our friends had a room at the front of the hotel and said they could hear the U Bahn running through...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank julieshoes23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Awesome hotel with great staff, happy to help and could speak good English. Helped with places we wanted to visit on maps and close to the rail station.
Breakfast was a good verity and fresh. Had free wi fi. Rooms were clean and had a great sleep

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Arcore
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Belin from the 25th April to 28th April we got an excellent weather the city itself, my last stay in Berlin was in the 00, in the last 12 years the city got an impressive improvment. The hotel was excellent, the staff very kind, rooms clean and confortable. The position is perfect because of the very near subway station, so it is quite easy to move every where. In simple words the price performance is one of the best I ever had

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Berlin from 2nd April to 5th April in what was a freezing Berlin Springtime... Wooly hats, scarfs and thermal underwear were obligatory !! Of course the Mercure cannot be faulted for the freezing weather and the hotel staff did emit a good measure of warmth themselves by their friendly approach but the room temperatures I found to be generally a few degrees below what I'd have set my central heating at, had I been at home. On the plus side, the breakfast was extremely good for providing sustenance to keep out the cold Berlin Spring weather; plentiful plates of tasty protein, or (for my wife) a range of healthy options ...It was good too, as I was on holiday, to wash down my morning bratwurst with a refreshing glass of champagne.. The Hotel's Tapas bar was a bit bland though (especially for afficiendos of Spanish food) and quite pricey as well ... Overall the hotel was extremely well situated and within easy walking distance of all of the landmark sites and I would certainly recommend a stay here .. It's probably even better when the temperature goes above freezing !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
teignmouth
Reviewed April 11, 2013

a super hotel with friendly staff who were most helpful, we booked 2 singles and one superior double they were great, big rooms very clean and all you need in them even toileteries and a fridge plus kettle etc. breakfast buffet had a good selection. not too near anything except the technical museum but 2 mins from underground station with fantastic connections to everywhere so having purchased a berlin welcome card ticket it wasnt a problem. not much in the way of evening menu but 2 stops down rd or 10 min walk we found several restaurants all excellent.

Room Tip: superior rooms give seating area and the courtyard view rooms are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was put here by the hotel chain after they didn't honor my reservation at the Novotel Suites Potsdamer Platz. I spent one night here. The room was clean and decent. The little restaurant was ok. The walk to my room was a problem. I have a large heavy suitecase and there is no luggage service. So, I had to drag it through the snow across the little courtyard to the elevator. When I got to my floor, there were stairs. Just 3 or 4 but with a 25 kilo case, it was not pleasant. The front desk staff was nice, and they do sell daily metro/bus passes good on all public transportation right at the hotel, which is good since there is a U-bahn stop right up the corner. However, that is all that you will find in the immediate neighborhood. It is not in Mitte, and is in a rare no man's land in Berlin. The next restaurant is about a 5 minute walk. Fine for spring and summer, but it was snowing the entire time I was in Berlin. So, if I had chosen this hotel, I might have enjoyed it more, but since I was expecting to be in a different hotel and I blame the Accor brand for their overbooking policies, none of their hotels are going to thrill me anymore.

Room Tip: ask for one where you won't have 10 or so stairs to access it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A lot of what has been written in other reviews is bang on the nose - yes at first the area does seem a little threatening, but is far from it. The location, with gleisdereick u-Bahn station across the road, is in fact perfect for exploring Berlin. The hotel is a mercure but not as modern as other properties in the chain, but it is more quirky if anything. My single room was small, but the bathroom was a decent size, and everything seemed well maintained and clean. I didn't entertain the buffet breakfast as this seemed expensive, but I did visit the sport bar which is attached to the hotel, it was quiet while I was there but does bar meals or sit down meals, and seemed very reasonably priced, as there is nothing else in the immediate area this can be a bit of a godsend at the end of a long days sightseeing . And a quick word on the staff, who were all courteous and helpful. All in all great value for money hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo