“Good Place, hidden from main streets”
Review of Kabir

Kabir
Ranked #839 of 8,938 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The restaurant served good indian food and is not very crowded unlike some of the other restaurants on the main streets. The place seemed friendly and seemed to have a lot of regular customers who knew the owner/waiter well. Would definitely recommend a visit.

2  Thank pgr031

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We wanted to eat Indian and having looked at some of the unpromising reviews for various places on Tripadvisor settled on this one, which had been recommended by some regular reviewers. We ate here with our three children (aged 7 to 13). It is in an attractive neighbourhood just north of Kurfurstendaam and is clearly frequented by Berlin residents. It was about two-thirds full on a Thursday evening. The hostess was very welcoming to what is clearly a family run restaurant. The normal dishes were available. Also some particularly delicious lassie. The food was fine, although perhaps a little less spiced (I'm meaning flavoured rather than hot) than I'm used to. Living near London I think we're spoiled for great Indian restaurants, and this one struck me as being fine rather than amazing. Not expensive.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had read some great reviews about the place and decided to go there from a long distance. The place was really easy to find. On a chilly Sunday evening the place was really empty. We were greeted friendly by the staff and got seated. Kabir has very simplified authentic interior without white - or any - tablecloth. We ordered soups for starters and some vegetarian masala and paneer for the main course. It took some time for them to cook the dishes but I must say that everything was just delicious. Very delicate tastes, could have been much hotter as we requested. As a summary, high value for low price.

1  Thank Henrik R
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm personally not a big fan of Indian food but a friend if mine is leaving town and his favorite food is Indian. I looked up a place in the neighborhood and labor sounded good from the reviews and the menu.
It was empty upon arrival - we were the only ones - which kind of scared me away but I had to give it a try. Unfortunately it took the waiters - father & son - more than 10 minutes to actually take our order. Both of them were extremely friendly though! When the food arrived - butter chicken and garlic naan - the wait was forgotten. It was literally amazing and the best butter chicken and naan I ever had and I will definitely come back!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Had the vegetarian lassi and enjoyed it even though the food took a bit long to arrive. Good authentic feel.

1  Thank Saar G