1,648 results
All reviews u bahn station triple room potsdamer platz day ticket kebab around the corner three nights clean hotel transport links yogurt bulowstrasse train euro kettle stops buses cafes
Reviewed November 28, 2013

we stayed here couple of weeks ago and found this to be a very good clean friendly hotel. The underground is right on the corner and it has plenty of restaurants cafes and bars on its doorstep. Easy to get to any of the sights you want to visit. Yes it is in the red light district but they dont bother you.The breakfast choice is very good and plentiful and topped up regularly. Clean towels and maid service every day. I know people on here have complained about the pillows but I found them to be ok. We were in a room above the restaurant that faced the back and there were no noise whatsoever. Would recommend this hotel. I think some people pay budget prices and expect the ritz. This budget hotel was one of the better ones.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

i was very happy with this hotel, stayed for 3 nights with a friend and it was just what we were after. a bargain price and somewhere with a bed, a shower, and sockets! the staff in the lobby were wonderful and helped us plan our trips each day and helped us pick some great places to go in the evening. very clean and in a great location, over the road from a tube station! great to go with friends or as a couple.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here recently. Very basic hotel. I was under the impression from booking that breakfast was included in our stay. I was told it wasn't and was not impressed but its OK there is a vending machine, *sarcasm*. Be sure to book breakfast. The rooms were basic but clean. The beds were awful and we wine up each morning with back aches. We had an incident with a huge bug. I called reception asking for assistance they told me they would be down promptly. That never happened and we dealt with the situation ourselves. Also when asking directions or advice from hotel front desk staff our found their attitude to be poor. Not everyone meticulously plans their holiday down to a fine detail and we were scoffed at outright by one particular staff member for this. Also we prebook we d bus trips online. When the front desk discovered this the same person asked us openly how much we paid. I found this a tad rude. The barman in the hotel was friendly though. Set up of the hotel is weird. We had to go outside across a courtyard to get to our room. All in all Berlin is amazing but if I went back I most certainly would not stay here.

1  Thank Sonny D
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here recently for 4 nights. It is an ok hotel for the money but I wouldn't go back. The rooms are freshly decorated. Double bed is actually 2 very small singles pushed together. Not very comfortable. Worst pillows I have ever come across. Small wet room. No bath. No tea/coffee facilities. No fridge. Normally you get fridge/mini bar in German hotels. There is a very small room safe which will only hold a wallet and purse. Most useless safe I have ever come across. I have IPad and can normally put it in a room safe. We got deal that included breakfast, otherwise it costs 7.50 euro. It is a continental breakfast and only cooked option is scrambled egg. What really put me off this hotel is that it is next to red light district. At one time this started in next street but now prostitutes stand across road from hotel. In fact they stand in middle of road to attract drivers. This happens day and night. They are all over the place. There is a cafe a few doors along, The Istanbul grill. Pimps and prostitutes gather there and pimps remain while girls ply their trade. Girls then come back in to eat or clean up. Not a nice experience. Hotel has no facilities. Small reception area with a few chairs but nowhere to chill out apart from a bar at side but this is dead. I previously stayed in another hotel a few minutes along the road. It is well a way from red light district and rooms are much better. It is Ivbergs Premium. Wish I had gone back there.
If you fancy a quiet drink, rather than go to pub you can get drinks in any cafe or snack bar and prices much cheaper than bars. A large beer is about £1.50 and quad measure of spirits about £2.
Best site to book this or any hotel is Trivago as they compare all booking sites. Look for what price includes. Our deal included breakfast for same price as others were charging for room only.

Room tip: Ask for room at back as traffic noise at front.
2  Thank babykerry
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have just returned from a 3 night, mid-week stay at this hotel and I am feeling refreshed and reassured that good value hotels do still exist. Don't get me wrong, this hotel is as standard as the come but its all that you need for a city break. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the tv has a range of channels, the showers are hot and powerful, the linen is soft and the beds are comfortable.
The reception staff are friendly, with the exception of one lady who had short brown hair and was extremely short and rude to us each time we dealt with her. (She was the exception)
Breakfast is a generous and varied continental buffet (breads, meats, cheese, eggs, cereal, yogurt, toast, tea, juice, crackers, nutella, etc), but try to go early as a queue can form quite fast but the food is always re-stocked.
The issue of the area in which the hotel is located being a "red light" district did not affect us as these women only appear quite late and are not interested in tourists. We only witnessed them once in all of our time there, standing on corners, scantily dressed and waving to cars.
I would have no problem in recommending this hotel which is quiet, very central and clean. It is also only a 5 minute walk, left out of the front door to many restaurants and bars.
Enjoy your trip!

Room tip: Front rooms will face a train line which could be noisey, our back room faced an empty car park which was very quiet.
Date of stay: October 2013