All reviewsno elevatortrain linebrandenburg gateshared bathroomart loverssingle roomgreat locationpassing trainsparliament buildinginteresting hotelmain train stationunter den lindenjewish memorialless than a minute walkfunky hotelthird floorno air conditioning
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I stayed one night in the hotel. The metro line U7 is 10 meter from the room's window and it is on duty every 4 minute until 1 a.m.. It is unbearable, hideous noise and one cannot sleep. I don't understand how this hotel acquired a license because it is a torture chamber and not a hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank nicetoplay n
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Very helpful reception staff. I arrived early and it wasn't a problem to store my luggage for free in a locker. A good start.

I think my room was on the third floor and I couldn't see a lift. I'm fit and had a small suitcase but if you are concerned about this, ensure you request a room on a lower floor.

Bedroom, as others have said, was decorated by an artist and was interesting to me as an art lover.

Area feels safe with coffee shops, Lidl etc. A five minute, safe walk to Friedrichstrasse station from where you can get to most places very easily.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesPW
Reviewed October 20, 2017

I stayed in a single room and was pleasantly surprised at how all the basic elements you'd expect in a hotel room were incorporated into my room's artwork. I also liked that there was an artist bio in the room so the guest can learn about the person and the story behind it. The shared bathrooms were spotless, the breakfast was great and the free Wifi was good. The hotel is in a very central location near several bars and restaurants and is a stone's throw from the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag. Special thanks to the reception staff, who were extremely helpful, friendly and tolerant of my atrocious German! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights. The location is amazing - approx 10 minutes from the Brandenburg Gate. We asked for a lovely room to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we checked in the receptionist said we’d been given one of their best rooms but if it was not to our taste we could see if they could give us another room the following day. The room was amazing, but not to our taste. The next day they tried to accommodate us changing room. They offered us a suite which would have incurred an additional charge per night which they were willing to reduce. Despite the reduction we were not able to afford it. We packed and they explained that they would try to find another room and move our bags. We went out for the day sightseeing. When we returned we realised that we had been given the suite at no extra cost. It was amazing. The initial room was near the train line and there were some vibrations when trains passed. This was minor.
We love drinking tea and there were no tea making facilities in the suite. When we asked for hot water they gave us a travel kettle. That was really handy and made a big difference to our holiday! Nothing was too much trouble during our stay. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Each room is different. Ours was actually very bland compared to most (207 I think was our number but could be wrong) but we still loved it.

We loved that every room has a specific theme and they left a book in our room of the artist that inspired the decor.

Art aside, the room was big and quiet, good street views, decent service and an interesting lobby and courtyard area too.

We would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple