“Perfect place, perfect location”

Arte Luise Kunsthotel
Ranked #192 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Seattle, WA
“Perfect place, perfect location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Very hip, efficient hotel. Location great...can walk to all the sites, great neighborhood cafes, pubs; quiet neighborhood, no train noise even though close to tracks. It was a find! Prices reasonable, free wifi, bottled water in the room. They even comped us a bottle of wine for a small problem we had with our TV.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Book it & stay here.

I'm not sure where to begin. The location is excellent. The staff are amazingly helpful. There are plenty places to eat & drink nearby. The rooms are crazy cool.

We had room 309, where everything in the room was constructed out of ex-plane parts, including the shelves (propellers) and the seats being old aircraft seats.

The parliament building is literally a 6min walk away, in fact, we walked everywhere from the hotel as its all pretty local.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Faroe Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Me and my daughter went to Berlin for the One Direction koncert.
we wanted to stay in the central area, and found the Arte Luise hotel for a very good price.
the location is perfect, 6-7min walk to the Friedrichsstrasse train station, 5mins walk to the Brandenburger Tur... the train between Friedrichsstrasse st and Berlin Central train station goes right outside the building, and makes some noise, but i did not ruin my sleep..
the internet was down while we were there, that was bit annoying, but having price in mind and location, we are more than happy about the stay..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was there on a trip for two weeks. Breakfast, an addition to the room cost, is delicious and right next door. Every room is drastically different and gives a tourist a wonderful feel for the diversity of Berlin. A great location, not far from restaurants, bars, and public transportation. Friendly and helpful service. I would stay there again

Room Tip: You may want to check out the website and look at the different rooms before deciding. They are dras...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly, all of whom spoke great English (as well as some other languages).

I had a room facing the courtyard, and as a result it was pretty quiet. However, when using one of the bathrooms I could hear the train going by, which seemed a bit noisy. It was not a problem for me, however, I would just recommend getting a room with the window facing the courtyard.

The location is great, and provides quick access to Hauptbahnhof. Walking to other locations in the city from here are not quite so bad either, and there is a grocery store right down the street.

The elevators are not available to all areas of the hotel, and the part I was staying in had a massive set of stairs going up to the top floor. Not a dealbreaker, but after a long day of walking the city the stairs can be a challenge. I won't let that detract from the hotel's score, though, because we could all use a bit of exercise anyway right?

I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Berlin. It's very good value for what it provides.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KennyTizzle
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I absolutely agree with previous reviewers: the key to have a quiet night of sleep in this artsy hotel is the room location. In light of the proximity of the train tracks, I asked contact the hotel staff via email and settle my booking directly (as opposed to their official website), to ensure that I would get a quiet room facing the back (garden view). I wanted to book a double room with shared bathroom and room 39 worked perfectly. I did not care that the room was ocated on the last floor of the building with no elevator, if you mind. I, therefore, enjoyed 3 very good night of sleep, a perfectly central and convenient location and helpful staff. I did not have breakfast at the hotel (extra 11 Eur) and i do not regret it: there are so plenty of cute non-turistic cafes in the little streets nearby, you can have a glorious breakfast under 6 eur (see photo).

Room Tip: ask for a room away from teh train tracks possibly facing the inner garden (room 39 w/shared bathroo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo